Community and basic needs resourcesIf families are in need of support or resources, please contact your child's school or the social worker in the building.
Other local and national resources
- United Way: 2-1-1 or 651-291-0211 or unitedway.org. 2-1-1 connects people with essential human services such as training, employment, food pantries, help for an aging parent, addiction prevention programs for teens, affordable housing, and support groups.
- ACCAP Resource Guide: 763-783-4730 or www.accap.org/resource-guide.
- Youth Services Network: Helps youth find shelter and services, www.ysnmn.org/#/home.
- Community Emergency Assistance Program: 1201 89th Ave NE, Suite 130, Blaine (Anoka County), 763-783-4930; or 6840 78th Ave. N, Brooklyn Park (Hennepin County), 763-566-9600; or ceap.com. Provides basic needs, emergency funds and a food shelf.
- Community Corner Family Advocate: 1500 69th Ave. N, Brooklyn Center, 763-561-2481. Provides resources and referrals including help with food, clothing, transportation, and child care assistance for residents of Hennepin County.
- Emergency Food Shelf Network: 763-450-3860 or emergencyfoodshelf.org. Call or go online to find a food shelf listing.
- HOPE 4 Youth: 2665 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 40 Anoka, 763-323-2066 or HOPE4Youthmn.org. Serving youth experiencing homelessness with basic needs, shower, laundry, food shelf, daily hot meal and community resources.
- YMCA Youth Intervention Services: 8950 Springbrook Dr. NW, Coon Rapids, 763-493-3052 or ymcatwincities.org. Services are provided to youth ages 16 to 21 experiencing housing instability.
- National Runaway Switchboard: 1-800-621-4000 or www.1800RUNAWAY.org. Helps keep America's runaway, homeless and at-risk youth safe and off the streets.
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 763-780-2330 or violencefreeanokacounty.org/get-help. Operated by the Alliance for a Violence-Free Anoka County, the 24-hour crisis line provides services to victims of sexual violence.
- Crisis Connection: 24-Hour crisis counseling by phone, 612-379-6363.
- The Trevor Project: Crisis and suicide prevention support for LGBTQ youth. www.thetrevorproject.org or 1-866-488-7386.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Free 24-hour hotline to anyone in crisis or emotional distress, 1-800-273-8255.
- Metro Shelter Hotline: 1-888-234-1329 or tccvm.org. The hotline provides information about emergency and transitional housing for adults and youth.
- Anoka County Community Action Program (ACCAP): 1201 89th Ave. NE #345, Blaine, 763-783-4747 or accap.org. Committed to helping individuals in Anoka County out of poverty and into the community as productive citizens.
- Housing Link: 612-522-2500 or housinglink.org. Provides affordable housing related data, information and resources.