Welcome to the Anoka-Hennepin School District
The Anoka-Hennepin School District is one of Minnesota's largest, serving approximately 38,000 students and 248,000 residents. Spread out across 172 square miles, the district is made of 13 suburban communities north of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Anoka-Hennepin has 24 elementary schools, six middle schools (grades six through eight), and five high schools, plus alternative middle and high school sites, in addition to an award-winning Community Education
A proud history of tradition
Community leaders from small towns and rural areas recognized the need to provide students with the best education possible back in 1952 when they voted overwhelmingly in favor of consolidating into Anoka-Hennepin School District. Prior to that time, students throughout the area were educated in many small schools scattered throughout a largely rural area. Most went into the city of Anoka for high school.
As population growth spurred development of the suburban communities of Anoka-Hennepin, the school district grew rapidly in size, from approximately 4,000 students at the time the district formed, to more than 38,000 today.
It is the primary mission of the Anoka-Hennepin School District to effectively educate each of our students for success.
To fulfill this mission, the school district is accountable for:
- Providing a caring, highly trained and effective staff who use research-based best practices.
- Providing learning opportunities that meet the individual learning needs of each student.
- Monitoring student achievement to maximize each student's learning.
- Promoting high achievement for all students.
- Acknowledging parents' roles as their children's primary educators and partnering with them to increase student success.
- Improving connections with the community to foster public involvement with and understanding of our educational programs.
- Providing a safe and respectful learning environment.
- Using all resources efficiently and effectively.
It is the vision of the Anoka-Hennepin School District to be a public school system of excellence, with high quality staff and programs and successful graduates.