District's annual report: World's Best Workforce
Every year, the Anoka-Hennepin School District publishes a long-term strategic plan
to support and improve teaching and learning. Its main goal is to close the achievement gap between student groups by making sure all students reach the following milestones:
- Ready to start kindergarten;
- Proficient in reading by grade three;
- Prepared for a college or career path; and
- Set to attain their high school diploma.
Anoka-Hennepin reviews and evaluates their progress by:
- Each student's gains in state and local academic standards, including college and career readiness; and
- The effectiveness of instruction and curriculum.
As noted in the report, Anoka-Hennepin continues to create:
- Clearly defined district and school goals;
- Strategies for improving instruction, curriculum and student achievement;
- Practices that integrate high-quality instruction, rigorous curriculum, technology and a collaborative professional culture supporting teacher quality, performance and effectiveness; and
- An annual budget aligned to implementing the plan.
Other district plans
Other plans help Anoka-Hennepin reach the milestones set forth in the World's Best Workforce report include:
Minnesota Department of Education report card
The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) has "district report cards," which is a tool designed to provide parents, educators, schools, districts and citizens with easy access to district and school information, test results, revenue and expenditure data, demographic information and other critical data. Visit MDE's website for Anoka-Hennepin's report card
. School report cards
can also be found in the navigation to the left.