We will be using the Math curriculum Bridges. Some of the areas we cover include:
- Number and Numeration
- Reading, writing, and using whole number; fractions, decimals, percents, and negative number; exploring scientific notation.
- Operations and Computation
- Practicing addition and subtraction proficiency; developing multiplication and division skills; exploring addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division methods; inventing individual procedures and algorithms; experimenting with calculator procedures.
- Collecting, organizing, displaying, and interpreting numerical data
- Measurement and Reference Frames
- Exploring metric and U.S. customary measures - linear, area, volume, and weight, exploring geographical measures, using number in reference frames, number lines, coordinates, times and dates, latitude and longitude
- Developing an intuitive sense about two-dimensional and three-dimensional objects, their properties, uses and relationships
- Patterns, Functions, and Algebra
- Designing, exploring, and using geometric and number patterns; reading, writing, and solving number sentences