• I can identify the major organs in the respiratory, circulatory, digestive, nervous, skin, urinary
• I can analyze how organ systems interact in vertebrates.
220.127.116.11.1 - Medium
Explain how viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites may infect the human body and interfere with
normal body functions.
• I can understand the difference between viruses and bacteria.
• I can explain how viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites interfere with normal body function.
18.104.22.168.2 - Medium
Recognize that a microorganism can cause specific diseases and that there are a variety of
medicines available that can be used to combat a given microorganism.
• I know that there are a variety of medicines available to fight microorganisms.
22.214.171.124.3 - Medium
Recognize that vaccines induce the body to build immunity to a disease without actually causing
the disease itself.
• I can recognize that vaccines help the body build immunity without causing illness.
126.96.36.199.4 - Medium
Recognize that the human immune system protects against microscopic organisms and foreign
substances that enter from outside the body and against some cancer cells that arise from within.
• I can recognize the basic function of the immune system.
• I can recognize that disease causing cancer cells can come from within my own body.
• I can distinguish between internal and external causes of disease.
188.8.131.52.4 and 184.108.40.206.2 - Medium (see above)
• I can identify microorganisms that cause disease.