1) If we are going on vacation can we get our child's homework ahead of time?
2) Who do I contact if my child will be absent?
3) Does my child have to go out for recess if he/she is sick?
4) What time is lunch? Can I come eat with my child?
5) When can I expect our Peek of the Week to come home?
6) Does my child have homework?
7) What happens when my child doesn't complete his/her homework?
1) Q: If we are going on vacation can we get our child's homework ahead of time?
A: I completely support family vacations. I believe they can be very educational experiences. Your child will be missing many hands-on activities and discussions that take place that cannot be made up for obvious reasons. Often it is impossible to know where we'll be in our curriculum more than a day or two in advance. It often depends on what we accomplish or if students need repeat lessons to reinforce skills etc. Any worksheets or work that can be made up will be put in his/her mailbox so they can complete it upon their return.
2) Q: Who do I contact if my child will be absent?
A: If you know in advance your child will be absent, please send an email to me and the health office. If your child is sick in the AM and will not be in school, please call the school office @ 763-506-3800.
3) Q: Does my child have to go out for recess if he/she is sick?
A: Teachers are outside for duty so you will have to send a note if you feel strongly he/she stay inside at the health office.
4) Q: What time is lunch? Can I come eat with my child?
A: Check your child's scheduled lunch time. You are welcome to come eat with your child anytime. You may pay for your lunch as you go through the line with your child.
5) Q: Will we receive a peek of the week this year?
A:I do not send home weekly letters, but do send emails a couple times per month with updates/news families need to know.
6) Q: Does my child have homework?
A: If your child has been on task during work time, he/she should not have extra homework other than the math home links sent home 3-4 days per week.
7) Q: What happens when my child does not complete his/her homework?
A: Homework completion is checked the day after it is assigned. At the end of each unit, students who have turned in all assignments ON TIME will earn 45 min choice time. Those with late assignments will join the free time after alternative assignments are completed. If your child has attempted homework, but showing frustration with its content, please send a note with him/her letting me know and assignment will be checked in as completed.