Transitions Program (New Students)
"Transitions" is a new student program to assist incoming students with achieving academic and social success. The focus of the program is to provide support through individual and group check-in times for up to three weeks.
These are the steps of the program:
- First contact and introduction at registration or during the school tour. New students are given the school tour by selected Falcon Friends. Falcon Friends also arrange a lunch meet-up with their New Student. (Falcon Friends are trained to conduct school tours, answer questions, and welcome New Students.)
- One on one meeting with Mrs.Tauer 1-2 days after start date to review school policies, to hear concerns, and answer questions.
- Mrs. Tauer meets with new students several times in the first three weeks.
- Students are informed that Mrs. Tauer is available as needed after the three weeks.
- Parents are ALWAYS welcome to call Mrs. Tauer with any school concerns throughout the school year. You may contact Mrs.Tauer through email or phone.
Concerns that Mrs. Tauer can help to address:
- School supplies
- Scholarships for Fieldtrips/Activities
- Contacting Teachers, How to
- Extracurricular activity fees, applications
- Student's academic progress
- Social/making friends
- School policies