Adult basic education volunteersVolunteers play a vital role at Metro North Adult Basic Education (ABE). Volunteers do so much more than just assisting teachers in the classroom. Our volunteers encourage, inspire and mentor learners by encouraging them to achieve their fullest potential.Volunteers are needed to serve as:
Volunteers help by assisting teachers in the classroom, providing learners with additional support and working with staff to complete essential projects. Volunteer Services staff and teachers provide orientation and training as well as ongoing support.
- Classroom aides
- Computer lab assistants
- English learning aides
- Office support
- Instruction and co-instruction
- Intake and assessment aides
- Special projects
VolunteerVolunteer support is always needed and welcomed. It's easy to get involved:
- Inquire: Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for more information and to schedule an upcoming orientation.
- Attend an orientation: Learn more about adult basic education programs and meet one-on-one with our staff to match your interests with our current needs.
- Begin volunteering: Attend pre-service training or provide proof of supplemental training (a teaching certificate, TESL or TOEFL) and the volunteer coordinator will send you site placement information.
ContactMetro North ABE1201 89th Ave. NE, Suite 335Blaine, MN 55434Matt Miller, Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: 763-433-4221Fax: 763-433-4203Office hoursMonday - Friday8 a.m. - 4 p.m.