We appreciate your interest in volunteering at Coon Rapids Middle School! Take a look at the current volunteering opportunities, or contact the Volunteer Service Coordinator to discuss how you would like to share your skills and talents with the students and staff at our school.
• We will list volunteer opportunities here as they become available.
ALL remaining Volunteer Events have been cancelled through June 9th, 2020.
If you would like to be on the list to receive information in August
about any first fall volunteer needs, please contact:.
Barb Sabatke, Volunteer Services Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!
THANK YOU CRMS VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!
We appreciate your 2466 Hours of time through the 2019-20 school year!
The work you accomplish, the support you provide, the lives you touch – volunteering makes a difference in some way each time you help. Thanks for making our school a better place through your time and efforts. Some very basic and some very amazing projects have happened this year because 203 extra pairs of hands pitched in. You’ve made a tremendous difference for CRMS! Hope to see you in the fall!!!
* Box Tops for Education are still worth 10¢ each for our school. Check those kitchen drawers (and Grandma’s, too) and turn them in at Attendance Office!! Funds go for field trip scholarships & other student needs. OR use the digital apps and just scan your receipt within 14 days. The app will find participating products purchased at any store and instantly add cash to your school's earnings online. Box Tops at the App Store OR Box Tops at googleplay
Hopeful 2020 - 21 CRMS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
(on going projects listed below)
WEB Orientation Help with parking before and after
Early Turn In Selling phy ed shirts, helping at Yearbook table or greet families ONE HOUR SHIFTS
Open House Selling phy ed shirts, helping at Yearbook table or greeting families ONE HOUR SHIFTS
First Week Help them settle in!
Selling phy ed shirts before school, looking up PIN numbers at lunch helping students in hallways - finding rooms, opening lockers, reading schedules, etc.
Bird Observation 7th Grade science – September helping as the classes move outside to observe and record data several days during the first weeks of school
StepItUp Donation Fund Raiser Delivering packets to classrooms last hour on day lof kick off. Golden Ticket Turn in / prizes. Processing pledges.
(Coon Rapids Apparell - help organize or hand out at lunches)
Bookfair, before school and conference evenings
FACS Tie Dying - help in classroom Students dying / rinsing fabric before sewing pillowcases. Various afternoon hours.
Picture Retakes morning
Fund Raiser Turn In before school, 8-8:30 am. Need 2 or 3 volunteers. Processing, 9-11.
Fund Raiser Prize Event 3-5 PM Help needed at stations of event!!
For additional information: CRMS Fund Raiser Information
Science 6 – Help with Dry Ice lab!
Veterans’s Day Program Volunteers needed 7:30 - 10:00
Student Play Help off stage with students, sell tickets, or at the doors
7th Grade FACS Tie-dying Students dying / rinsing fabric before sewing pillowcases. Various afternoon hours.
AVID classes are going to Feed My Starving Children from 12 – 2 PM Meet them at the site – you don’t need a student in this group to attend - just volunteer forms!!
Science Grade 6 – Help with Lava Lamps lab. 19 classes throughout the day pouring oil and coloring! Can you help with one?
8th Grade Social Studies Project
Vision Screening 7th Grade students - many adults needed each hour!
8th grade Choir going to high school. Need 2 chaperones 8:25 - 11:20.
Staff “Afterschool Snacks” before conferences. Food items or help with set up/clean up.
District STEM Fair Judges and volunteers needed
6th Grade Science Laser Security Project:
Protractor Practice Measure Reflection and Refraction Laser Project building and trials
District-wide chess tournament They are in need of a few volunteers.
MCA testing hall monitors - Easy to do, but important for the process. Bring quiet work or a book.
CRMS Sewing - Help keep kids on task and following directions, even if you can't sew.
April - various days, MCA testing hall monitors
Spring Play help at doors and off stage with cast
Welcome Event for 5th Graders Help with halls and stations around the building.
Showcase Evening All students have work displayed. Set up/ hang projects, event night, take down on Monday - lots of help needed!
6th Grade Probability Carnival during class periods. Students will play carnival games and work math problems. Adults supervise a station. This is a fun activity for all! Can you help for an hour or more?
Last day of school - CRMS Student Talent Show Help needed for all three performances. Greeters, offstage help, moving grade levels over to the high school auditorium. Mark your calendar!
* CRMS Hallway Ambassadors: 8 - 8:30 any morning. Any or all lunches 11:15 – 1:30, especially Fridays. Need adults present to help build a positive atmosphere. Try it once! Great way to get in some walking, too! Could you do a shift once a month or more? Consider signing up with a friend!
* Classroom help throughout year: Tech Ed help keep students on task and safe
* Classrooms, as students do hands on projects / labs: Science 6, Science 7
* Parent Partnership: hoping to start our group up again. Conversation with the principal.
* Speakers needed Fridays, 9:45 - 11:20, to talk to two classes about college and work experience. Please contact me for details.
* Box Tops for Education. Check those kitchen drawers (and Grandma’s, too)!! We are still accepting clipped Box Tops at Attendance or Volunteer Office. Funds go for field trip scholarships & other student needs. OR use digital apps and just scan your receipts!
Box Tops for Education Changes
For over 20 years, Box Tops for Education has given families an easy way to earn cash for their school, with products they already buy. Now you can simply scan your store receipt with the Box Tops mobile app to identify participating products and instantly add cash to your school's earnings online. Eventually the Box Tops program will become digital-only. Participating brands are starting to change their packaging from a traditional Box Tops clip to the new Box Top label.
Use the new Box Tops app to scan your receipt within 14 days. Box Tops are still worth 10¢ each for your school. The app will find participating products purchased at any store and instantly add cash to your school's earnings online.
CRMS Volunteer Services Coordinator
Office Hours: off for the summer from June 10 - August 24.
Completed 2020-21 Projects: