New vaccine requirement for all 12th graders in 2020/2021 school year
There is a new state requirement for all 12th grade students to have proof of a second meningococcal vaccine at the start of next school year. Please talk to your medical provider now to provide that documentation as soon as possible. The immunization documentation form is linked below. You do have the option to medically exempt or object to vaccination. Use the link below to learn more. Please call your student's health service office if you have questions.
Immunizations for studentsAll students must comply with state law with regards to immunizations. Exclusion from school will occur if immunizations, medical exemption or objection requirements are not met. Learn more from the Minnesota Department of Health's immunization law for children 16 and under.Within 30 days of enrolling in Anoka-Hennepin schools, health services will require verification of age appropriate immunization for:
Please provide details of your student's immunizations by filling out the immunization documentation form.Please note that county immunization clinics are currently not occuring due to COVID19.
- Hepatitis B (HBV) before age four.
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) before age four.
- Meningococcal after age 10 and starting in 2020/2021 a booster before 12th grade.
- Polio (IPV or OPV) before age four.
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (DTP/TD) before age four. A booster is required after seven years of age.
- Varicella or proof of chickenpox before age four.
Immunization information, 763-323-6100Low-cost vaccinations for:
- Children on a Minnesota Health Care Program
- Uninsured/underinsured children (through age 19)
- Uninsured/underinsured adults (age 19 and up: limited vaccine)
Walk-in public immunization clinicHuman Services of Anoka County
1201 89th Avenue, Room 25
Blaine, Minn.Fee: $10.00 per shot for qualifying clients is requested (cash/checks accepted only; no plastic cards).Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or have proper written consent.