Adventures Plus summer care options
During the summer months, Adventures Plus provides additional care opportunities for kindergarten, elementary and middle school students:
- Adventures Bound: For students entering kindergarten
- Adventures Plus: For students entering grades one - five
- Peak Adventures: For students entering grades six - eight
Adventures Plus summer care is available Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., June 17 - August 28. The program will be closed July 3.
Adventures BoundAdventures Bound is a summer care option for families with children entering kindergarten in the fall. The program prepares incoming kindergarten students for Adventures Plus and the transition to the upcoming elementary school experience. The Adventures Bound curriculum was designed to support the development of kindergarten readiness skills, such as letter and number recognition, basic concept of print, group participation and social interaction.
Adventures PlusAdventures Plus provides a safe, nurturing atmosphere for students entering grades one through five during the summer, emphasizing the development of social, emotional, physical and intellectual skills.
Peak AdventuresPeak Adventures is a safe and fun summer care program designed especially for pre-teen youth entering grades six through eight. Students can spend time hanging out and playing pool, foosball, air hockey or ping pong while listening to music. Experience the thrill of having an art studio stocked with paints, clay, drawing paper and other media. Peak provides a focus on healthy living and positive lifestyle choices. Students also have the opportunity to participate in up to two field trips each week. Past trips have included the Bunker Beach wave pool, Vertical Endeavors indoor rock climbing, Minnesota Twins baseball games and Valleyfair.
Accommodations for targeted servicesThe school district will provide targeted services for eligible students at the following sites in summer 2020:
Adventures Plus school-age care will provide transportation to targeted services sites. If your child is eligible to receive targeted services, enroll in summer Adventures Plus school-age care programs at one of the sites listed below:
- Brookside Elementary
- Hoover Elementary
- Oxbow Creek Elementary
- Sunrise Elementary
- Andover Elementary (Transportation to Brookside Elementary.)
- Champlin-Brooklyn Park Academy (Transportation to Oxbow Creek Elementary.)
- Champlin Park High School (Transportation to Oxbow Creek Elementary.)
- Dayton Elementary (Transportation to Oxbow Creek Elementary.)
- Jefferson Elementary (Transportation to Sunrise Elementary.)
- Johnsville Elementary (Transportation to Sunrise Elementary.)
- Lincoln Elementary (Transportation to Hoover Elementary.)
- Mississippi Elementary (Transportation to Hoover Elementary.)
- Morris Bye Elementary (Transportation to Hoover Elementary.)
- Ramsey Elementary (Transportation to Brookside Elementary.)
- Rum River Elementary (Transportation to Brookside Elementary.)
Summer care rates (Summer 2020)Registration for summer 2020 (Adventures Plus, Adventures Bound and Peak Adventures) opens for current families Mar. 2, and for new families on Mar. 23. Learn more about registration deadlines.
Adventures Plus offers flexible care options to meet your summer care needs at select sites across the school district. Three different programs are available based on age level:
- Adventures Bound: For students entering kindergarten in the fall
- Adventures Plus: For students entering grades one - five in the fall
- Peak Adventures: For students entering grades six - eight in the fall
Adventures Plus school-age care requires a registration fee of $30 per family per season (summer and school year).
Summer care (6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.) Part-time (3 or 4 days each week) $42 per day Full-time (5 days each week)$33.60 per day / $168 per weekNOTE: Rates subject to change.*Summer registration minimum is three days per week per child.
Choose your scheduleSummer programs are open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. Families may select a part-time or full-time schedule. Families opting for part-time care must commit to receiving care a minimum of three days per week for all programs.
Families may sign up by the week. Please note that days may not vary from week to week and the weeks chosen may not be switched or cancelled. Credit will not be given for non-attendance.
ContactJackson Middle SchoolPeak Adventures6000 109th Ave. N.Champlin, MN 55316Phone: 763-506-5213Site Coordinator:Reed Moe