OverviewAt Anoka Hennepin, special education evaluations are managed by a team of professionals trained to look in depth at students' strengths and needs. Before jumping into the Evaluation Process, it is important to give your child a chance to succeed through the Intervention Process.The mission of the K-21 evaluation team is to:
- Identify children with disabilities who are in need of special education and related services.
- Provide timely special education evaluations.
- Consider the whole child (all areas of development and factors that may impact a child).
- Strive to view children with a non-biased, culturally sensitive perspective.
- Meet the requirements of the law.
If you have concerns with your child's development and your child is in a K-12 program, you are encouraged to do one of the following:
- Review the Intervention Process.
- Talk with your child's teacher about your concerns.
- Talk with a special education teacher at your child's school building about your concerns.
For more information about the Anoka-Hennepin Evaluation Team including parent resources, an evaluation team directory and frequently asked questions, please visit our Special Education Referral and Evaluation Page.
LocationSandburg Education Center
1902 – 2nd Ave
Anoka, MN 55303-2429