Upcoming EventsParent Committee MeetingMonday, December 9PAC- 6:30-7:30JOM- 7:30-8:00Coon Rapids Middle SchoolTrimester 1 CelebrationThursday, January 165:45pm-7:45pm
Coon Rapids Middle School2019-2020 Calendar of Events coming soon!If you are interested in volunteering, please contact your cluster advisor for more information.Indian Education events throughout the year
Trimester celebrationsTwice a year, Indian Education hosts two community potlucks to celebrate and honor students achievements after Trimester One and Trimester Two.We believe in recognizing students both for their academic achievements as well as community achievements. Awards given are:
- A Honor Roll: 3.6 GPA (weighted)
- B Honor Roll: 2.6-3.5 GPA (weighted)
- Exemplary Attendance: 97% attendance (about less than 1.5 days missed).
- Outstanding Attendance: 95% (about less than 3 days missed)
- Above and Beyond: The purpose of this award is to recognize students who exceed expectations and take on leadership roles during groups with their advisors.
- Community Advocate: The purpose of this award is to recognize students who have volunteered in their communities during the trimester. Submit a nomination here.
Indian Education provides the main dish for the meal, paper products, juice and coffee. We hope to see you there, don’t forget a dish to share!
- Cultural Leadership: The purpose of this award is to recognize students who have shown cultural leadership through their participation in cultural activities during the trimester. Examples include participation in: powwows (dancing, drumming, contests), ceremony, language tables, etc. Submit a nomination here.
Annual Indian Education Kickoff Potluck PicnicEach September the Indian Education Program plans a potluck picnic to kick off the school year! The picnic is held at Lions Coon Creek Park in Coon Rapids, MN. In the case of rain we move to Coon Rapids Middle School.Indian Education provides the main dish for the meal, paper products, juice, and water. There is a large playground, basketball court, many walking paths, an open field, and bathrooms adjacent to our picnic site. Fun activities are always planned for the kids. This is one of our biggest events of the year. It is a great place to meet new friends in the community and renew old friendships that have been lost during the busy summer months!
End of year picnic
Each June, the Indian Education Program plans a potluck picnic to close out the school year. The picnic is held at Lions Coon Creek Park in Coon Rapids, MN. In the case of rain we move to Coon Rapids Middle School.
Indian Education provides the main dish for the meal, paper products, juice and water. There is a large playground, basketball court, many walking paths, an open field, and bathrooms adjacent to our picnic site.
Each year Indian Education hosts a family culture day knows as a Winter Event. The advisors and parent committee members work collaboratively to plan fun and culturally relevant activities and presentations. Past winter events have included: storytellers, leather pouch making, Star Lab, small community powwow, MN Zoo Mobile and much more!
As with most of our events, the Winter Event is a potluck event and is open to the public. Indian Education provides paper products, juice and coffee, and a main dish. This years Winter Event date is still being determined. More information will be sent home closer to the date of the event. We hope to see you there!
Parent committee meetingsParent committee meetings are open to the public. They are on the third Wednesday of the month (unless there is a holiday/school closing) at Coon Rapids Middle School from 6:30-8 p.m. Check our calendar of events for up to date information.