IF your college requires a letter of recommendation or if you are on the admission bubble and a letter of recommendation is optional, you will need to make the request for a letter in Naviance.
Letter of Recommendation Steps:
1. Confirm that a letter is required by your school or necessary based on your HS data
2. Complete the blue Letter of Rec Bio Sheet available in the Career Center or Counseling Office
3. At least 2 weeks in advance, ask your teacher if he/she would be willing to write you a letter of recommendation
4. If "yes"--give the teacher your completed blue bio sheet and a suggested date for completion
5. Enter the request in Naviance (be sure to include a thank you and due date reminder in the Notes section)
6. Be sure to select the request for each college (do not select "All Applications" option)
6. Monitor the status of the letter in Naviance and follow-up with the teacher as needed
Students are not able to view a copy of the letter of recommendation, the letters are send electronically through Naviance. For this reason, do not request letters of recommendation from more teachers than the college requires.