Community Education plays a critical role in helping young children grow from children to teens. Youth-focused programs and services provide more than just education or entertainment - they contribute to a safe and healthy community by providing young people with engaging activities that help them grow into productive citizens.
- Activities and enrichment: The Community Schools program provides fun activities and learning opportunities for children year-round; after-school, in the evenings and on the weekends; to enhance your child's academic and social experiences while out of school.
- Athletics: Elementary and middle school athletic programs are supervised and led by certified coaches, licensed teachers or knowledgeable staff who emphasize skill development, participation, teamwork, and respect for others. Community Education also offers camps and clinics to help students gear up for the athletic programs offered at Anoka-Hennepin high schools.
- School-age care: Adventures Plus is the school district school-age child care program, open to all Anoka-Hennepin Schools students and provided at all elementary school sites throughout the district. Care is available before- and after-school, and all-day on school release days - including winter, spring and summer breaks.
- Swimming: Swimming and water safety is a skill that your children will use for life! Anoka-Hennepin Community Education offers swimming lessons to support youth with a wide range of skill levels.
- Youth Service: Anoka-Hennepin Community Education coordinates youth service
activities, meaningful leadership and
service opportunities, trips and projects to support the community.