Welcome to Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool!
Link to the 2019-20 school year registration timeline
Reminder for parents: We do not go to our outdoor area when there is snow on the ground. It is not necessary to send snow pants and boots to school with your child. If your child must wear boots, please send shoes in their backpack. Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool classes are taught by licensed teachers who will monitor your child's progress and development throughout the year. We are excited to prepare our students for kindergarten and school!Teacher: Barb CarlsonAssistant Teacher: Kellet OsePhoto credit: Maddi, Age 3Classes:Monday/Wednesday 9 a.m.-11:45 a.m. (3-4 year olds)Monday/Wednesday 12:45 p.m.-3:30 p.m. (4-5 year olds)Tuesday/Thursday 9 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. (4-5 year olds)Tuesday/Thursday 12:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (4-5 year olds)Daily routine: A daily routine is followed in class to guide learning.
- Welcome/Hello: The teacher establishes student focus, introduces new activities, practices counting and patterns and sets the routine for the day.
- Small Group time: Students focus on specific learning targets with teacher support and direction.
- Choice time: Students "play with purpose," as they practice independence, social, large motor and fine motor skills. We have new and rotating activities each week in the areas of sensory, fine motor, art, blocks, dramatic play, science, games, writing, math, large motor and reading. We have outdoor time when weather permits and gym time when available. A simple snack of crackers and water is served each day during choice time.
- Clean-up time: Students practice shared responsibility and organization.
- Large Group and/or Circle time: Students learn to follow direction and participate in group activities.
- Story time: Students learn literacy skills and learn to expand on books by acting out stories and participating in related activities.
- Dismissal/Good Bye: The teacher establishes student focus and prepares students for independence outside the classroom.
Contact:Classroom Teacher: Barb CarlsonPhone: 763-506-8512Email: Barb.Carlson@ahschools.usAssistant Teacher: Kellet Ose
Special Education Teacher: Lindsay Dahmer
Speech Clinician: Deb Holmquist
ECSE Para: Cindy Kuhlmey