Welcome to Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool!
Hello Preschool Parents!
Please watch your email for announcements from me. I will be sending emails at least weekly with a new lesson plan and ideas for at home learning. I have also sent directions on how to log on to my interactive Seesaw sight as well. I will post at least two new activities and videos each week on Seesaw and will be available during school hours to answer emails and respond to the Seesaw activities. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
If you have not received any emails from me, please contact me ASAP at Barb.Carlson@ahschools.us
Be safe and be well, everyone. My best to you and your children during this challenging time.
Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool classes are taught by licensed teachers who will monitor your child's progress and development throughout the year. We are excited to prepare our students for kindergarten and school!Back row: Lindsay Dahmer, Cindy Kuhlmey, Deb HolmquistFront row: Barb Carlson, Kellet OseClasses:Monday/Wednesday 9-11:45 a.m. (Three-year-old preschool)Monday/Wednesday 12:45 p.m.-3:30 p.m. (Four-year-old preschool)Tuesday/Thursday 9 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. (Four-year-old preschool)Tuesday/Thursday 12:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Four-year-old preschool)Daily routine: A daily routine is followed in class to guide learning.
- Welcome/Hello: The teacher establishes student focus, introduces new activities, practices counting and patterns and sets the routine for the day.
- Small-Group time: Students focus on specific learning targets with teacher support and direction.
- Choice time: Students "play with purpose," as they practice independence, social, large motor and fine motor skills. We have new and rotating activities each week in the areas of sensory, fine motor, art, blocks, dramatic play, science, games, writing, math, large motor and reading. We have outdoor time when weather permits and gym time when available. A simple snack of crackers and water is served each day during choice time.
- Clean-up time: Students practice shared responsibility and organization.
- Large Group and/or Circle time: Students learn to follow direction and participate in group activities.
- Story time: Students learn literacy skills and learn to expand on books by acting out stories and participating in related activities.
- Dismissal/Good Bye: The teacher establishes student focus and prepares students for independence outside the classroom.
Contact:Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool
Andover High School, Room D100
Barb CarlsonPreschool TeacherPhone: 763-506-8512Email: Barb.Carlson@ahschools.usAssistant Teacher: Kellet Ose
Special Ed. Teacher: Lindsay Dahmer
Speech Clinician: Deb Holmquist
ECSE Para: Cindy Kuhlmey
Lesson Plans:View current and archived editions of our classroom lesson plans here.
ResourcesEarly Childhood ScreeningPhone: 763-506-2400