Welcome to Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool!Teacher: Barb CarlsonAssistant Teacher: Kellet OsePhoto credit: Maddi, Age 3Classes:Monday/Wednesday 9 a.m.-11:45 a.m. (3-4 year olds)Monday/Wednesday 12:45 p.m.-3:30 p.m. (4-5 year olds)Tuesday/Thursday 9 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. (4-5 year olds)Tuesday/Thursday 12:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (4-5 year olds)Daily routine: A daily routine is followed in class to guide learning.
- Welcome/Hello: The teacher establishes student focus, introduces new activities, practices counting and patterns and sets the routine for the day.
- Small Group time: Students focus on specific learning targets with teacher support and direction.
- Choice time: Students "play with purpose," as they practice independence, social, large motor and fine motor skills. We have new and rotating activities each week in the areas of sensory, fine motor, art, blocks, dramatic play, science, games, writing, math, large motor and reading. We have outdoor time when weather permits and gym time when available. A simple snack of crackers and water is served each day during choice time.
- Clean-up time: Students practice shared responsibility and organization.
- Large Group and/or Circle time: Students learn to follow direction and participate in group activities.
- Story time: Students learn literacy skills and learn to expand on books by acting out stories and participating in related activities.
- Dismissal/Good Bye: The teacher establishes student focus and prepares students for independence outside the classroom.
Contact:Classroom Teacher: Barb CarlsonPhone: 763-506-8512Email: Barb.Carlson@ahschools.usAssistant Teacher: Kellet Ose
Special Ed. Teacher: Lindsay Dahmer
Speech Clinician: Deb Holmquist
ECSE Para: Cindy Kuhlmey
View our classroom calendar by month.
Lesson Plans:View current and archived editions of our classroom lesson plans here.September 23 - 26, 2019 Lesson Plan
Please keep in mind that we do much more than what is on this lesson plan. Each day and each class is a little different. The lesson plans are intended to be an outline of the weekSongs and Fingerplays: