MEDIA GRADE 2
Students visit the Library Media Center once in a digital day cycle for literature appreciation, information literacy instruction and book check-out.
As second graders, students learn to navigate and locate library material, choose topics of personal interest, and explore literature genres.
What children will study this year:
- The location of books he or she is interested in.
- The library has an organization scheme (subjects and authors).
- There are many different forms of literature to explore (genre).
- Borrowing books requires responsible book care.
- Books are a shared resource and need to be returned when due.
Anoka-Hennepin Program Understandings articulate what students should understand and be able to do when they leave the K-12 program in Anoka-Hennepin. The grade level understandings demonstrate what students should understand and be able to do when they leave each grade level. The grade level understandings increase in complexity as students progress through the K-12 program.
What families can do at home to help:
- Visit your local library