Welcome to Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool!
Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool classes are taught by licensed teachers who will monitor your child's progress and development throughout the year. We are excited to prepare our students for kindergarten and school!
My name is Dawn Hetrick. I am a mom to five children. I love to spend time with my family, read and walk my dog. This is my eighth year working at Evergreen Park and thirteenth in Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool program. It is so fun to watch the children grow, learn and gain confidence! Welcome to Room 109!Classroom assistants:
Julia La FineEllie SalleyDaily routine:
- A daily routine is followed in class to guide learning targets. Parts of a typical day include:
- Welcome/Hello: The teacher establishes student focus and sets the routine for the day
- Large Group and/or Circle time: Students learn to follow direction
- Storytime: Students learn literacy skills
- Choice Time: Students "play with purpose," as they practice independence, social and fine motor skills
- Clean-Up Time: Students practice shared responsibility and organization
- Small-Group Time: Students focus on specific learning targets with teacher support and direction
- Dismissal/Good-Bye: The teacher establishes student focus and prepares students for independence outside the classroom
NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS Monday, Sept. 30, 2019.
We are practicing for kindergarten!! We are bringing home Wednesday folders each week. Please help me to empty my Wednesday folder and return it to school the next day!
Here are a few songs we like to sing along to. The document opens in another window, click on the song you want to listen to.
Conferences will be held in October and March.
Below are instructions for signing up online for conference. If you are not able to access this sign up you can call our classroom phone and we will help you sign up.
1. Go to www.myconferencetime.com/evergreenpark
2. Click on teacher's name (Dawn Hetrick)
3. Select the desired date and time for your conference by clicking on "sign up"
4. Submit the requested information
Contact:Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool - Option 2
Evergreen Park World Cultures Community School
Preschool TeacherPhone: 763-506-2578Email: email@example.com
Monday through FridayMorning class - 9:15 a.m.-noonAfternoon class - 1:15-4 p.m.
ResourcesEarly Childhood ScreeningPhone: 763-506-2400Related Links:
View current and archived editions of our classroom newsletter here.
View our classroom calendar by month.