Step one: choose a schoolStudents who live in the Anoka-Hennepin School District are automatically assigned to the school that serves their home address. However, the school district also offers families a number of other enrollment and specialty school options at all grade levels.
If you don't know which school is assigned to your address, visit our online school finder, 2018-19 (school finder, 2019-20), or call our information services department at 763-506-1030. Families that wish to visit a school can call the school and make arrangements with school staff for a tour.
Step two: complete an applicationKindergartenIf your child is in our database, you will receive a letter in December informing you of the school your child is assigned to based on your home address.Parents will also receive a letter in late winter/early spring informing you of your school's kindergarten registration day. You will register your child in conjunction with this event.
- If your child is not in our database, please call the school serving your address to provide information for our records. Check out the school directory for addresses and phone numbers in PDF format.
- If you do not live within Anoka-Hennepin but would like your child to attend an Anoka-Hennepin school, you can apply for enrollment through Minnesota's open enrollment program. (Families that apply for open enrollment will be mailed a letter by Feb. 15 or within 30 days of applying).
Depending on the time of year, you will either be given information about completing registration or be placed on the list to receive a letter about kindergarten registration day.
If you wish to apply for a Northwest Suburban Integration School District (NWSISD) specialty/magnet school instead of having your child attend the school serving your neighborhood, learn more at nws.k12.mn.us.Grades 1-12To attend the school serving your home address, call the school serving your address. Check out the school directory for addresses and phone numbers in PDF format. To attend a school other than the one assigned to your address:
- Apply for an in-district transfer to attend another Anoka-Hennepin school (including Anoka-Hennepin specialty/magnet schools).
- Apply online for enrollment in a NWSISD specialty/magnet school.
If you do not live within Anoka-Hennepin but would like your child to attend an Anoka-Hennepin school, you can apply for enrollment through Minnesota's open enrollment program. (Families that apply for open enrollment will be mailed a letter by Feb. 15 or within 30 days of applying).
Deadline to applyThe priority window to apply for in-district transfer and open enrollment for the 2018-19 school year started Dec. 1, 2017 and ended Jan. 15, 2018. The specialty school application window for 2018-19 ran from Oct. 16 to Dec. 31, 2017.
The priority window to apply for in-district transfer and open enrollment for 2019-20 will run Dec. 1, 2018 through Jan. 15, 2019. The specialty school application window for 2018-19 will run from Oct. 16 to Dec. 31, 2018.
ContactsTricia BozellPrincipal's SecretaryTricia.Bozell@ahschools.us763-506-2902
Important info and links
*=If you are experiencing problems downloading these forms in Firefox, try using Chrome or Safari. You can also try clearing your browser history/queue.
- New student registration form*
- In-district transfer: 2018-19 (priority period has passed; applications can still be submitted)*
- In-district transfer: 2019-20*
- Open enrollment form*