IMPORTANT: Masks required at seven schools the week of Jan. 31 to Feb. 4
(01/28/2022) Anoka-Hennepin Schools is using an updated metric that monitors high community COVID-19 transmission and factors school absences to drive decisions regarding masking for students and employees. Face coverings/masks continue to be strongly recommended for all students ages 2 and up by both the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health. Using the updated metric, face coverings will be strongly recommended, not required for all persons at all grade levels in the district, unless both the following conditions are met:
- Positive COVID-19 case rates are above 50 per 10,000 at the county level;
- Student absences as measured during the week, mid-week, are double the two-year monthly average for this month at school sites and over 30% at alternative sites and special programs.
Although county-level case rates exceed 50 per 10,000 across the district, student absences at the mid-week level are double the two-year monthly average at seven school sites for the current week. Students and staff will be required to wear face coverings/masks at the following schools for the week of Jan. 31 to Feb. 4:
- Eisenhower Elementary
- Hamilton Elementary
- Lincoln Elementary School for the Arts
- Ramsey Elementary
- Sand Creek Elementary
- Anoka-Hennepin Regional High School
- Masks/face coverings are strongly recommended at all Anoka-Hennepin Schools.
- N95 mask distribution has begun at-no cost at local pharmacies.
- Students returning to school at all sites following a five-day quarantine will be required to wear a mask for an additional five days consistent with district and CDC guidelines.
- Review additional information on the district’s masking requirements and data from all district schools at ahschools.us/safeandopenstatus.
- The district will update website information and send an updated message each week on Fridays regarding the masking requirements for the following week.
- These guidelines only apply during the school day and do not apply to evening and after-school activities
- Adventures Plus programming and district volunteer programs will follow the same guidelines as the K-12 buildings.
- Face coverings/masks are required on student transportation. This is a federal requirement and not a rule under the authority of the school district.
- Face coverings/masks remain highly recommended for children ages 2 and up enrolled in early childhood programs. Masks continue to be required for early childhood staff while our youngest learners cannot be vaccinated.
- Anoka-Hennepin Technical High School requires face coverings/masks on the college campus.
COVID-19 testing and vaccinations
- The district continues to provide at-home COVID-19 rapid antigen testing for students at no-cost. Please contact the health office at school to request a test kit. To date, Anoka-Hennepin has provided over 20,000 kits to families.
- Anoka-Hennepin staff are being provided with KN95 masks and COVID-19 rapid antigen at-home tests.
- COVID-19 vaccinations and testing for students are not required by the school district.
- Order four free at-home COVID-19 rapid antigen tests per family at www.covidtests.gov.
- Locate and make an appointment at a no-cost community testing location online at mn.gov/covid19/get-tested. Walk-in service may also be available.
- Order a no-cost at home saliva test offered by the State of Minnesota at learn.vaulthealth.com/state-of-minnesota.
- Use the state’s Vaccine Locator Map or the vaccines.gov website to find locations and set appointments.
- Walk-in or make an appointment at one of Minnesota’s COVID-19 Community Vaccination sites.