Important Graduation Information
May 6, 2019
Re: Important Graduation Information
Dear Graduates, Parents and Guardians:
Anoka High School is proud of the tradition of dignity and formality we uphold during our graduation ceremony and we certainly expect this tradition to continue. This letter is intended to acquaint you with Anoka's graduation procedures. Important dates and information are as follows:
Tuesday, May 21, 2019: Senior Graduation Meeting
• Seniors will meet in the Auditorium during Advisement, 8:44 to 9:29 a.m.
• Mr. Lakanen will review the agenda for graduation and what is expected for the commencement ceremony.
Thursday, May 23, 2019: Senior Breakfast / Cap and Gown Distribution 7:40 to 8:47 a.m.
• Seniors will be treated to the annual "Senior Class Breakfast" at 7:40 a.m.
• Students may pick up their Graduation Packet (cap, gown, tassel) and honor cord (if eligible) in the SSRC during this time.
• All outstanding fees\fines must be paid prior to picking up your Graduation Packet. The graduation packet will not be given to any student who has outstanding fees\fines\overdue textbooks-library books\detention\negative lunch balance.
• Inside the Graduation Packet, there will be 4 tickets in the event that there is inclement weather and the ceremony is held indoors. No tickets are needed for the outdoor ceremony at Goodrich Field. Please place these tickets in a safe place as they are the only tickets you will be given.
• Parents may pick up their student’s graduation packet if the student is unable to do so, it will be located in the Counselors’ Office starting May 24th; friends cannot.
• Deadline for the graduation packet pick up is 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 30th. Due to timelines, graduates who do not pick up their graduation packet may not be placed in alphabetical order in the graduation line at the ceremony.
• The graduation packet and honor cord are yours to keep.
Thursday, May 30, 2019: Seniors’ last day of school
• Deadline for graduation packet pick up is 2:30 p.m. in the Counselors’ Office.
• All seniors are asked to leave the school grounds in an orderly manner after they are released.
• Seniors should not return to the building or any other school during the school day after May 30th.
Monday, June 3, 2019: Graduation 7 p.m. at Goodrich Field (Anoka Middle School for the Arts)
• Ceremony is outdoors at Goodrich field. No tickets are necessary.
• If we have inclement weather, a decision will be made during the day and announced via broadcast on local and WCCO radio, parent link, and the school website that the ceremony will be held indoors in the Anoka High School Fieldhouse.
• If held indoors, families are to use the 4 tickets students received at the cap and gown distribution. Family/friends with tickets can view the ceremony in the fieldhouse. For those who do not have tickets, there is overflow seating in the auditorium to view the ceremony on closed circuit TV.
• Graduates are to check in at 6:15p.m. at Anoka Middle School for the Arts (if ceremony is held outdoors) or Anoka High School (if ceremony is held indoors).
• Graduates should be dressed appropriately and in their pressed gown for the formal graduation ceremony.
• Due to parking shortages, the graduates should be dropped off.
• Processional line will begin at 6:40 p.m. Any graduate arriving late will be placed at the end of the processional line.
• Faculty advisors will assist with the line-up.
• After the ceremony, be sure to go immediately to the Anoka Middle School for the Arts Gym to pick up your diploma.
• Pictures should take place before 6 p.m. Families are not allowed into Anoka Middle School or in Anoka High School’s main commons/cafeteria area prior to graduation.
• Each student will be photographed by a Lifetouch photographer during the ceremony. Information on pictures was handed out to your student on April 16th, during Advisement. Photos will be online at events.lifetouch.com 10 days after the ceremony and a complimentary proof will be mailed to each graduate. There is no obligation to purchase.
• A secure room will be available during the ceremony for an extra change of clothes and valuables needed for the All Night party after the ceremony. Signs will be posted at Anoka Middle School. At Anoka High School, the secure room for girls is in the Language Arts Resource Center (LARC) and the secure room for boys is the Social Studies Resource Center (SSRC).
• Absolutely any suspicion of drug or alcohol use or other inappropriate behavior will result in your removal from the ceremony.
• Following these simple rules will make it possible to continue the proud Anoka tradition. We ask for your full compliance to these rules for the value of all members of the Class of 2019, their families and friends.
All seniors must request a final copy of their transcript if they wish it to be sent to the college of their choice before leaving school on Thursday, May 30th. A copy will not be sent unless requested.
Thank you and congratulations on your forthcoming graduation.
Mr. Michael Farley
Principal Associate Principal
Mr. Eric Lakanen