BHS 2019-20 Back-to-school info
Welcome to the 2019-20 School Year!
Please read through all of the Back-to-School Information below. Be sure to click on each link (underlined blue words) and complete the necessary information.
Blaine High School Back-to-School Forms:
- Complete one Blaine High School Back-to-School form per family sometime between Monday, August 5th and Friday, August 30th.
- To do so, please log in to A-H Connect and click on “My Student Information”.
- Updating this information is necessary and required prior to your student returning to school.
Class schedule Information:
- Schedules will be released to families online on August 12th. Please review the schedule through AH-Connect prior to the start of school.
- Schedule change requests must be done electronically. Counselors will review the requests and make changes to those that meet the requirements. Schedule change request form.
- Online registration opens on Tuesday, July 30th.
- The registration link is on the activity tab on the Blaine High School Page. You will need to log in with your A-H Connect information.
- Students must have a sports qualifying physical that is less than three years old on file with the Activities Office to register.
- If you have questions or need support, please call the BHS activities office at 763.506.6706.
Important Activities for 9th Grade Students:
- Freshman Orientation - August 19th 7:30 - 11:30 AM at Blaine High School
- Open House - August 27th from 6:00 - 8:00 PM at Blaine High School
- Order your picture package online. BHS picture code is EVTPJMNF6 or you may search for our school on the Lifetouch website. Customize each sheet of your package with different portrait looks online. Forms will also be available with your attendance secretary.
- Lifetouch will be in our cafe on August 7th from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM for students to have their picture taken. This will ensure that students receive their school ID at the beginning of the school year.
- An additional picture day will be held September 6th for those who could not make it on August 7th.
- Picture retakes will be held on October 10th. Additional information will be communicated at a later date. Should you need financial assistance with purchasing a picture packet, please contact Kristyn Parrow in the Counseling office at 763-506-6517.
Log in with your A-H Connect password and choose “FeePay” on the following dates to purchase a permit.
- Sales will be open on the following dates at 7:00 AM:
- Seniors ONLY- August 6th
- Seniors/Juniors- August 7th
- All grades (until permits are sold out)- August 8th -August 16th
- Permits may be picked up on the following dates
- August 27th (at Open House)
- September 5th (before and after school on the balcony)
- September 6th, 9th, and 10th with your attendance secretary
- All unclaimed permits will be refunded and resold on September 12th and 13th.
- Cost is $105 for the school year or $35 per trimester.
- 250 annual permits available
- 400 trimester permits available
All outstanding obligations and fines must be resolved prior to picking up your permit.
- Log in with your AH Connect password and choose “My Meal Account” (Account Help: 763-506-HELP).
- Add money to your student’s lunch account.
- Please make sure your student knows their lunch PIN which is also their student ID number.
- All 9th grade students have been assigned a locker.
- Because students carry backpacks to class, our lockers are not widely used. Last spring, students in grades 10-12 had the opportunity to sign up for a locker for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Students in grades 10-12 may still request a locker by completing the locker registration form.
- General supplies for classes at BHS include pencils/pens, notebook paper, folders with pockets, and highlighters.
- Students taking physical education classes will need tennis shoes and a change of clothes.
- The suggested calculator for math classes is a TI-84.
- Additional needs will be based on the class and your student's chosen electives. This information will be provided to students on the first day of class.
Order your yearbook now and take advantage of early bird pricing.
Our volunteers are critical in supporting the work that we do every day. Please sign up to volunteer. You will need to complete the application and Criminal Record History Release (CRHR).
If you are having difficulty viewing or opening particular links on your mobile device, please try on a computer before contacting BHS. If you need assistance, please call BHS at 763.506.6500.