Distance learning technology distribution and personal belonging pick up
Coon Rapids High School parents/guardians,
The time and date for students with personal items to pick up is Wednesday, March 25. Students who have items in their personal or athletic lockers are the only students to come to school today, this is to limit the number of students in the building and we have sent a schedule to your student and parent email accounts. Please check your email for that schedule.
As our school prepares for distance learning, I’m sharing additional information on the distribution details for student Chromebooks.
The time and date for Chromebook distribution is Thursday, March 26, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Student last names beginning with A-F
- 1 - 3 p.m. Student last names beginning with G-O
- 3 - 5 p.m. Student last names beginning with P-Z
- 5 - 7 p.m. Open time for any that missed their timeslot
Please enter the building through our old main entryway labeled door 1 to gather materials and then immediately exit the building. Staff will be present to help ensure social distancing recommendations are followed and to assist in the gathering of belongings as efficiently as possible. Students who already have what they need should not come to school.
During pick up, our school is asking students and families to:
- A student identification number is needed to get a Chromebook.
- Keep at least six feet of distance between them and others during the pick up process and stay home if sick. If you absolutely cannot come to school during these times, please contact the school at 763-506-7100.
- Move quickly and efficiently to pick up what they need. This is not a time to socialize with friends. Parents, please remind students of this before they come to school.
- Only pick up what is essential for learning in the coming weeks. Our school is continuing to work from the assumption that school will resume sometime this spring. If it doesn’t, there will be another opportunity for families to pick up other materials.
Parents/guardians with students at Coon Rapids Middle School, and in cluster elementary schools that need a Chromebook for distance learning, will also be able to get a device at this time.
Thank you for your cooperation as we prepare for distance learning in our school. We appreciate your patience as we navigate how to plan for distance learning with our students on March 30.
Dr. Annette Ziegler, principal
Coon Rapids High School