Coon Rapids DECA Recognized for THRIVE Level Chapter Campaigns
(01/20/2023) Coon Rapids DECA was among 15 Minnesota chapters that achieved THRIVE level recognition this year and will be commended at DECA’s International Career Development Conference (ICDC) held April 22-25, 2023 in Orlando, Fla.
Each fall, DECA offers four campaigns for chapters to complete as part of their program of leadership for the year. These campaigns are designed to grow membership engagement and build lasting partnerships within the school and local community. Chapters that achieve THRIVE level receive a commemorative pennant, flag, and plaque. The chapters also have an opportunity to participate in ICDC. In order to receive THRIVE level recognition, the Coon Rapids DECA chapter completed all three chapter campaigns including the community service campaign, ethical leadership campaign and promotional campaign.
Coon Rapids DECA also participated in the membership campaign which challenged the chapter to recruit 20 professional members, recruit 20 alumni members, or increase student membership by 20 more members from the previous school year. Coon Rapids DECA is one of only 14 Minnesota DECA chapters to achieve this goal.
The Coon Rapids DECA members who contributed to the THRIVE recognition were:
- Completed our National DECA Membership Campaign
- 20 professional members and 20 Alumni members Chaired by: Kelsey Koehler (10) and Madi Froslie (12)
- Completed our National Promotional Campaign
- School Outreach Activities Chaired by: Sydney Holloway (12) and Sam Schulz (11)
- Success Stories of Alumni: Advisor, Mr. Bodenburg
- Community Outreach Activities Chaired by: Anna Kelley (11) and Edward Tabla (12)
- Completed our National Community Service Campaign
- Chaired by: Libby Larson (12), Miranda Froslie (12), and Madi Froslie (12)
- Completed our National Ethical Leadership Campaigns
- Ethical Leadership Challenges PSA Entries: Senior marketing and management internship class (12)
- School Outreach Activities Chaired by: Kelsey Koehler (10), Gabby Johnson (9), Lizzy Becker (9), Suikana Bader (9)
- Community Outreach Activities Chaired by: Natalie Berg (11), Lily Gagnon (9), Azaria Banks (9)
About DECA Inc.
DECA is a career and technical student organization that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs who are interested in careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management. DECA enhances the preparation for college and careers by providing co-curricular programs that integrate into classroom instruction, apply learning, connect to business and promote competition. DECA student members leverage their DECA experience to become academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders. DECA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with more than 225,000 members in 4,000 high school and college chapters in all 50 United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and Germany.
For more information about DECA, visit http://www.deca.org.