Share your ideas with us about future events
The letter from our director, below, was printed in the winter 2018-19 Community Education catalog.
Please share your feedback about future community education events for the future with us, using this short, six question survey.
The new year is approaching, and this time of year, we often we hear our participants, neighbors, friends and family members reflecting on the past year – thinking about how the year went; and thinking about where they want to go and what they want to do in the coming year.
Our staff have been doing the same thing. Anoka-Hennepin Community Education will once again host our annual Community Wellness Day event on Saturday, January 26, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Coon Rapids Middle School in Coon Rapids.
Over the past eleven years, our team has worked hard to bring opportunities to improve quality of life through wellness – in traditional and untraditional ways – to our participants and community members through Community Wellness Day. This year, we hope you think some of the Community Wellness Day events are just as unique:
- Arts: We offer activities including music, reading, writing, painting, sculpture and various other creative outlets have been shown to reduce stress. Learn how dabbling in arts activities can improve your health.
- Being your best: David Law, Superintendent of Anoka-Hennepin Schools will share the importance of living a balanced life in order to be your best professionally, and personally. He will share practical tips and strategies on how to leverage your time, talent and energy to take care of yourself in order to be your best.
- Movement: Although exercise and fitness are an important factor in physical well-being – it doesn’t have to feel like work. At Community Wellness Day, we offer a wide variety of fun opportunities, including POUND, Tai Chi and Yoga.
- Good food: Making healthy choices fuels your body, but it isn’t always easy. This year, we will offer sessions to learn how to “pick your produce,” and we will join Minneapolis-based Facebook cooking show hosts, Coco and Lala, to learn easy and affordable ways to incorporate plant-based alternatives in your diet.
- A clear mind: Learn about the benefits of mindfulness for yourself and your family, with a variety of tips and techniques to find balance.
The Community Wellness Day event has touched thousands of people in our schools and in our community over the past decade. We are thankful to have brought local businesses, organizations and entrepreneurs together to share their love of learning with you, one our community members.
We hope that over the past eleven years, you were able to attend one of the past Community Wellness Day events to witness the excitement and community-building that occurs, first-hand. If you haven’t – we encourage you to join us and see what all the excitement has been about.
It has always been the goal of Community Education to offer programming that meets the needs of our community. In planning future events, we want to make sure we are meeting your needs and are asking for your feedback as we move forward, whether we continue with Community Wellness Day as we’ve known it, or move into new events or opportunities to connect, learn and grow.
As a community education department, we thrive in researching trends and finding new ways to share ideas and resources for lifelong learning with our neighbors, and we want to know what you need in the future, and what you think our community needs moving forward. Please complete our five question survey to share your own ideas with us.
Michelle Trelstad, Director
Anoka-Hennepin Community Education
View the schedule of FREE activities, workshops and classes at www.ahschools.us/communitywellnessday. Registration is recommended, as walk-in participants will be accommodated as space allows.