Communication and public relations
- Document center
- Notifications with AHlert
- Photo and content guidelines
- Staff directory
- Visual identity and brand book
- Above & Beyond employee recognition program
Laurie O'Connor's Retirement
Laurie O’Connor’s (physical therapist) retirement:
Hello everyone, I will be retiring December 2, 2019 after working 31+ years at Anoka-Hennepin. I am VERY grateful to have had the opportunity to work as a physical therapist with all of my students, all of you, and all of the families that I have encountered all of these years. I have been quite blessed, and have learned so much!
I am not one for a big fanfare party, so we will not be having that sort of thing for my retirement.
But, if you really want to celebrate my retirement with me, then come to 1 or both of the following activities that are more my style. I hope to see you there! Smile!
Saturday, November 9, 2019
10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Silent meditation at Peninsula Point Park
1460 South Ferry Street, Anoka, MN
Whenever I am asked what I would ever want, I would have to say Peace for the World. Please come and just do that. Bring a chair, sit down, be still and quiet, and see what quality or virtue arrives within you to be, hold, and send out to the world and beyond during that time.
I will be there unless it is storming or a blizzard. If that happens, then just do this meditation as I will be, from the privacy of your own home or wherever you happen to be. Then, send me a note letting me know what quality or virtue you sent out that morning! Pretty fun! Smile! Truly, that would be the best gift EVER!!!
Saturday, November 16, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Silent Retreat with Laurie O’Connor
ESC - Staff Development Center - Erling Johnson rooms
Limited to the 1st 50 people who sign up - link: https://forms.gle/nVPwwbWprjiRiL9v7
(We will also have a waiting list in case we can do more.)
You will enter, be, and leave in silence that day (aside from a few of the activities we will be doing together).
We will work with our bodies, minds, and our inner wisdom that guides us all.
You will come to know yourself better.
What to bring/do:
- Wear comfortable clothing and bring something to lie down on when doing exercises if you don’t want to just lie on the carpeted floor.
- Something to write with (and a journal if you happen to like journaling).
I will have some journals there to have if you want/need one also.
- Something to color with - crayons, markers, etc.
- A deck of cards, and familiarize yourself with the game of solitaire - NO ELECTRONIC VERSIONS THAT DAY - bring the deck of cards - Thanks!
- Something simple to eat that will not spoil during the time of the retreat.
- Be as scent free as possible please.
We will be doing lots of breathing that day.