Welcome to the Rum River Media Center!
The mission of the Rum River Media Center is to prepare students for life-long learning, informed decision making, a love of reading, and the use of informational technologies. We get great books into the hands of great kids in a great environment.
We have approximately 34,000 books, tapes, and other resources available. Our goal is to make the Rum River Media Center an inviting place where all students and staff feel welcome and enjoy learning!
We have adventure books, graphic novels, books on wildlife and pets, and the latest in fiction! If you are interested in a certain author or subject, we can help! We also have arts and craft books, wonderful biographies, science fiction and fantasy books, and many great resources for information.
It's all here at the Rum River Elementary Media Center!
Mrs. Perkerwicz is the Media Specialist and also the Rum River Technology Teacher. Our school also has the daily services of an Elementary ParaEducator working in the Media Center. We are willing and able to assist you with all your media questions.
Here are some suggestions for keeping our library books in great condition:
- Take care in using a book.
- Report all damages to the Media Center for proper repairs.
- Use a bookmark for saving your place.
- Keep books away from babies and pets.
- Keep pencils and crayons away from your books.
- Don't write in Media Center books.
- Do not pull off labels or stickers from Media Center books.