08/09/13 Anoka-Hennepin School District will open a new public high school this fall for students throughout Minnesota.
Online High School
MANDATORY IN-PERSON ORIENTATION MEETING - please read all information below carefully and completely.
You must attend a mandatory, in-person orientation meeting in order to enroll and continue working in StepAhead Online High School (SAOLHS).
TRIMESTER 3 SAOLHS students:
T3 SAOLHS Orientation: Thursday, March 5, 2020 3-4pm
If you have never attended an online orientation meeting in the past, and this is the first course(s) that you have taken online with SAOLHS, you must attend a mandatory orientation meeting.
T3 SAOLHS Orientation will take place, Thursday, March 5, 2020 from 3-4pm. Orientation meetings take place at the STEP building, 1353 West Highway 10, Anoka, MN 55303.
*Makeup Orientation for T3 is Tuesday, April 5, 2020 from 3-4pm.
Please print, complete and bring with you the SAOLHS Orientation Documents if you have not already returned completed forms for this school year (2019-2020).
In addition, if you have not returned a Resident Verification Form and you are a full-time SAOLHS student, please bring a copy of your license or a copy of a recent utility bill with your current address. This is for verification of residency and a requirement of the Anoka Hennepin School District #11.
(01/17/2020) High school students will dismiss 30 minutes earlier and middle school students will dismiss 15 minutes earlier. Elementary students will be dismissed at their regularly scheduled times. After-school and evening activities canceled.
(01/16/20) Incumbent School Board members Marci Anderson and Nicole Hayes were joined by newly-elected Erin Heers-McCardle for the ceremonial oath of office Jan. 13.
Update on account payment system for school meals, field trips and activities (2 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 10)
(01/10/2020) A technical update that has been taking place on our district’s school meals and account payment system - FeePay - has caused delays that are inconsistent with our service goals.
District students interested in teaching careers participate in Education Day event at Anoka-Ramsey Community College
(01/09/20) More than 50 students representing Andover, Anoka, Blaine, Champlin Park and Coon Rapids high schools, attended the first-ever Anoka-Hennepin Education Day event.
[ALERT]Modified schedule for secondary students and activities canceled for Friday, Jan. 17, 2020
Anoka-Hennepin schools will be implementing a modified school schedule today, Friday, Jan. 17, 2020, due to timing of forecasted winter weather and the capacity of our transportation system. High school students will dismiss 30 minutes earlier and middle school students will dismiss 15 minutes earlier. Elementary students will be dismissed at their regularly scheduled times.
All after-school and evening activities at Anoka-Hennepin have also been canceled for today. Adventures Plus school-age care will remain open until all children have been picked up.
All afternoon ECFE and preschool programs starting after 10:30 a.m. are canceled as well.
Details about what is canceled:
- All “late” (activity buses) are canceled.
- Parent-teacher conferences are canceled.
- Community Education activities and classes scheduled after-school and in the evening have been canceled, including Adult Basic Education, Adult Learning, Aquatics, Community Schools programs (elementary and middle school athletics and enrichment activities/classes), Early Childhood Family Education, Project Power, and Preschool.
- School buildings and other school facilities will be closed for after-school and evening activities, including rental permits.
- All extra-curricular school activities, field trips, games (including away games), school concerts, school plays, school carnivals, etc. are canceled.
- All meetings are canceled.
Details about transportation home:
- All students will be transported home in the usual manner.
- Buses may be late by half an hour or more because driving conditions often slow traffic. Please avoid calling the school or the Transportation Department (763-506-1125) unless your child is more than half an hour late returning home.
- Check out bus arrival times using the FirstView bus app. Details are at ahschools.us/BusApp.
For answers to frequently asked questions on winter weather and school closures, please visit ahschools.us/weather.