Timeline for boundary change implementation
The district has a timeline for the Attendance Boundary Change process.
- Sept. 14-22, 2022: Initial elementary school and Blaine-area middle school attendance boundary change proposals shared at community meetings.
- Sept. 26, 2022: A formal presentation of all proposals will be shared at the Sept. 26 School Board meeting. Feedback provided prior to the meeting will be shared with the School Board for their consideration.
- October 2022: Updated elementary school and Blaine-area middle school attendance boundary changes will be shared at a second round of community meetings based on community feedback.
- Oct. 24, 2022: Additional feedback will be shared with the School Board at its regular meeting.
- Nov. 7, 2022: Initial recommendations will be presented to the School Board at its regularly scheduled meeting.
- Nov. 21, 2022: The School Board is expected to take action with a final vote to approve the updated attendance boundaries at its regularly scheduled meeting.
- Dec. 2022: The district will inform families of the final decision and placements.
- April 2023: Schools begin staffing and student placements for the 2023-24 school year based on enrollment projections.
- May-Aug. 2023: Enrollment confirmations will be shared with families. Transition activities will be coordinated to welcome students and families to new schools.
- Sept. 2023: New attendance boundaries will be in effect for the 2023-24 school year.