Blaine cluster updates
The Anoka-Hennepin School Board approved a recommendation for a one-year temporary boundary adjustment for approximately 120 incoming Kindergarten students for the 2022-23 year at their Feb. 28 meeting. Sunrise Elementary School was built to serve 1,000 students, and enrollment is projected to increase to 1,248 students this year.
In addition, Blaine High School is the only high school in the Anoka-Hennepin School District with two “feeder” middle schools - Roosevelt and Northdale - and enrollments between these schools are imbalanced, creating inefficiencies.
By acting now, the district aims to equitably serve all students in the Blaine attendance area for years to come.
Most recent Blaine cluster updates
Archived updates - Blaine cluster
- Nov. 8, 2022 - Updated attendance boundary change proposal in Blaine.
- Oct. 5, 2022 - View slides from the Oct. 4, 2022 community meeting at Blaine High School. (PDF)
- Sept. 30, 2022 - Community meeting on proposed boundaries set for Oct. 4 at Blaine High School
- Sept. 21, 2022 - Proposed boundaries announced.
- Sept. 2, 2022 - Community meetings for proposed boundaries set for September.
- Mar. 1, 2022 - Temporary boundary adjustment approved for Sunrise Elementary for next year, impacts approximately 120 incoming kindergarten students and families.
- Feb. 8, 2022 community meeting - Sunrise Elementary
- Jan. 11, 2022 community meeting - Sunrise Elementary