(02/24/2023) The Anoka-Hennepin transportation department held its 28th annual school bus safety poster contest this winter, which began during Winter School Bus Safety Week (Jan. 9-13).
This year’s theme was Safely Rolling to my Destination. The transportation department invited students in all grade levels to submit their best artwork for the competition. Each school held their own poster contest, with one winner chosen from each grade level. The winning poster for each school was then entered into the district contest.
The objective of the contest was to encourage students to think about school bus safety, while also presenting an opportunity for discussion during school bus safety week.
The winners are:
- Vanna Vang, kindergarten, University Avenue Elementary School.
- Samantha Formosa, first grade, Madison Elementary School.
- Luke Dorsey, second grade, Madison Elementary School.
- Abdullah Muhamed, third grade, Madison Elementary School.
- Sebastian Bojorge, fourth grade, Madison Elementary School.
- Avery Dikken, fifth grade, Andover Elementary School.
- Avrie Siedschlag, sixth grade, Coon Rapids Middle School.
- Brielle Whitney, seventh grade, Oak View Middle School.
- Andrew Beasley Wells, eighth grade, River Trail Learning Center.
- Molly Siedschlag, ninth grade, Coon Rapids High School.
Congratulations to this year’s winners!
The winners will be recognized at the district transportation safety committee meeting on March 1. Winning posters will be displayed in buildings across the district to continue the promotion of school bus safety.