Support at Sand Creek - Title I Information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Sand Creek Elementary will annually discuss, review and revise the following Title I Schoolwide efforts.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
Sand Creek Elementary is committed to providing an atmosphere of learning for all students. We will focus on the following this year:
- Reading & Math: Using student data to inform instruction and to form intervention groups.
- Catalyst Approach: Consistently implement best practices to create positive classroom cultures.
- Social Emotional Learning: Consistently implement Character Strong curriculum.
Progress on these school effort will be reported to families each Trimester, via the school newsletter.
In the Classroom
Teachers and support staff will:
- Implement intentional strategies for building relationships between staff and students.
- Align grade level instruction to standards and best practices.
- Use student data to drive instruction that supports individual growth.
- Engage in professional reflection, learning, and growth.
- Support social/emotional learning.
Sand Creek’s parents and guardians joined staff to develop ideas on how to support students’ in reading and math.
- Support regular attendance.
- Limit screen time and monitor usage.
- Develop a consistent reading routine.
- Grow your child’s word knowledge by talking to them about everything.
- Communicate regularly with your child’s teacher.
- Develop your child’s number sense by discussing the math we use in daily life (calendar, money, time, shopping).
- Play board games, puzzles, etc. with your student.
Our school is committed to keeping families informed.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences.
- Teachers can also provide information about your student’s learning habits.
- Results of MCA, NWEA MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available on in the My Student Test Results app on A-H Connect.
Find the following information by visiting our school website:
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Details about the family events that will be happening at our school.
View the Sand Creek Elementary School family engagement plan. (2023-24 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2023-24 school year)
View the Sand Creek Elementary School Title I Family School Compact. (2023-24 school year)
Events for Families
Welcome Back/Engagement Night *
Thursday, September 14, 2023
Thursday, Oct. 26, 2023 - 5:30-7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 25, 2024 - 5:30-7 p.m.
Celebration of Learning/Heritage
Thursday, April 4, 2024 - 5:30-7 p.m.
Monday, October 2, 2023 12-8 p.m.
Thursday, October 5, 2023 4-8 p.m.
Tuesday, February 20, 2024 12-8 p.m.
Thursday, February 22, 2024 4-8 p.m.
Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
September 19, 2023 (fall goals) *
October 17, 2023
November 14, 2023
December 19, 2023 (tri one progress) *
January 16, 2024
February. 13, 2024
March. 19, 2024 (tri two progress + 24-25 planning) *
April 16, 2024
May 21, 2024
* - Information about Title I funded activities will be shared and your input will be gathered.