Overview of Anoka-Hennepin's school-based mental health programHeadway Emotional Health Services and People Incorporated contract with the district to provide onsite, year-round:
- Early intervention.
- Crisis management.
- Diagnostic assessment.
- Individual and family therapy.
- Mental health professional development training for school staff.
- Mental health service coordination.
- Mental health consultation for parents/staff.
Any parent/guardian or school staff can make a referral. You can make a referral by calling or emailing the mental health professional at one of the *designated sites. View the mental health services staff directory.
* = If you have a student who attends a school that isn't a designated school-based mental health program site, please consult with the school student support staff or nurse to discuss options. They can provide information about other resources in the community or through the county.Disclaimer: The resources referenced by Anoka-Hennepin are provided for informational purposes only, and should not be used to replace the specialized training and professional judgment of a health care or mental health care professional. Anoka-Hennepin cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. If immediate mental health assistance is needed, please call 911.
The resources referenced by Anoka-Hennepin are provided for informational purposes only, and should not be used to replace the specialized training and professional judgment of a health care or mental health care professional. Anoka-Hennepin cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. Please always consult a physician or a trained mental health professional before making decisions regarding treatment of yourself or others.
If immediate assistance is needed, please contact a crisis hotline, the nearest emergency room, consult with a physician or other qualified mental health provider, or contact local law enforcement or social services.
Meet the staff
Dr. Nita Kumar763-506-1161
As the district's Mental Health Consultant, Nita Kumar, PhD, LMFT and LPCC, provides oversight for mental health programming, policy and procedures.
Have questions about the district's school-based mental health programming? Contact Dr. Kumar at 763-506-1161.
Mental health resourcesHeadway Emotional Health ServicesPeople Incorporated
County children/youth mental health:Information for students:Information for parents/guardians:Information for professionals: