About the Transportation Department
- The district's transportation department provides safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services by utilizing approximately 380 school bus vehicles every day.
- Anoka-Hennepin is Minnesota's largest school district, serving more than 40,000 students.
- Our vehicles travel more than six million miles annually.
- We service more than 8,000 individual bus stops traveling to and from more than 60 school sites.
- School buses are statistically the safest way for students to get to and from school.
- To find your student's bus information, log in to A-HConnect and follow these step-by-step directions. Or contact the transportation department with other questions.
Contacting the Transportation Department or service providers
The Anoka-Hennepin transportation department hotline, 763-506-1125, is answered from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. on school days and from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on non-school days.
In-person office hours are daily from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Educational Service Center.
Non-urgent questions or concerns can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking to connect with one of our bus companies:
First Student - Anoka (Routes 300s, 400s, 600s) 763-421-3199
First Student - Champlin (Routes 100s) 763-421-5785
Kottke's Bus (Routes 1-99, 500-700s) 763-755-3100
Northstar Bus (Routes 270s, 280s, 290s) 763-425-2542
Voigt's Bus (Routes 260s) 763-762-3323
If you are looking to connect with one of our van companies:
Frontier Transportation Services (FTS) 651-493-1916
Halo Transportation (HALO) 763-432-6806
Metropolitan Transportation Network (MTN) 763-333-7156
Northline Transportation (NLT) 651-797-3448
Safe Tree Transportation (STT) 763-316-6432
T-Plus (TPL) 612-888-8080
Anoka-Hennepin Schools is seeking school bus paraprofessionals and traffic control for the 2022-23 school year. Apply online at ahschools.us/jobs or call 763-506-1125 with questions.
Real-time bus information through FirstView app
Anoka-Hennepin families can check where their bus is — live — through a transportation app, called FirstView. The app monitors regular school bus routes in real-time. Best of all, it’s free for parents/guardians and students to use.
While Anoka-Hennepin buses have a tremendous on-time performance record, there are inclement weather and traffic delays that do occur. This app provides families the necessary information to know when their bus will arrive. Families can also see the anticipated length of any delay, an estimated arrival time and if a substitute is driving the route. Email, push and/or text notifications can inform families of such information instantly.
FirstView can be downloaded from app stores (iTunes app store; Android Google Play store). On-screen directions walk first time users through the easy setup process:
- Choose Minnesota and then Anoka-Hennepin from the dropdown menus.
- Log in with your parent/guardian username and password once directed to A-HConnect (if you’ve forgotten your parent/guardian username or password, please call 763-506-HELP).
The app will then automatically populate your student’s information. It’s that easy!
FAQ surrounding FirstView app
Who is able to access the FirstView bus app?
What is not considered a regular bus route?
What if the app indicates an estimated time of arrival (ETA), and my student misses the bus?
How do I access the FirstView app?
I have a technical question about how to use the FirstView app - who do I contact?
I have a question related to my student(s) regular bus route - who do I contact?
FAQ surrounding school bus operations
Why do some children have to cross the street to board the school bus?
We live on a cul-de-sec. Will the bus come down our street?
Our neighborhood has no sidewalks and has hills and curves. Can we have an additional bus stop so our children do not have to walk to the existing stop?
I cannot see the bus stop from my house.
My child carries a large musical instrument and / or a heavy backpack; or he / she is the only student using the bus stop, the stop needs to be closer to our home.
The bus drives right past my house. Why can't it stop at my house?
I own a daycare and need the stop at my house because the State requires me to see the students at all times. Why can't the bus stop be located at my house?
I have young children at home and / or I leave home because of work.