Eisenhower Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pick up my child early?
We discourage parents from picking up their children ten or fifteen minutes before dismissal time. This is a valuable time when teachers are putting closure to the day and it is very distracting to the children when the classroom is receiving phone calls to have a student sent to the office. We want ALL of our students to receive the optimum learning environment and appreciate your understanding in this matter. Please make every effort to schedule appointments outside of the school day.
What is the Drop off and Pick up policy at Eisenhower?Many parents choose to drop off or pick up their students each day. Because of the high volume of vehicles in our parking lot, we need our parents to be respectful of our traffic rules. Safety of our students and convenience for all of our families is a priority.
- Please follow the traffic arrows when driving through the Eisenhower parking lot.
- AT NO TIME should drivers PARK in ANY DRIVING LANE or CROSSWALK. This is a safety hazard, and is disrespectful of other drivers in our parking lot.
- Please keep pets at home, or a safe distance from our school entrances as we have many small children that are allergic or fearful of certain types of pets.
- Please be on time. Students picked up by cars should be picked up at 3:17 PM so that we may get as many vehicles out of the parking lots as possible prior to our walkers and bus riders at 3:25 PM.
What if my student is sick or absent?Please contact our school Absence Line as soon as possible, stating your child's name, the teacher's name, and the reason for the absence.
- A student is considered "Tardy" if he/she arrives within 90 minutes after the start of the school day.
- A student is marked as "Early Dismissal" if he/she leaves 90 minutes prior to the end of the school day.
- A student is considered "Absent for ½ day" if he/she misses more than 90 minutes at the start or end of the school day.
- A student is also considered "Absent for a full day" if he/she arrives to school but is picked up within 90 minutes.
How should I make sure my student is ready for the weather?Please make sure your children are dressed properly for ALL weather conditions. This includes wearing hats, mittens, boots and snow pants. We DO NOT have extra clothing at our school to dress those children who have forgotten theirs. Our policy is that every child goes outside for recess unless the temperature is below zero degrees or the wind chill is 10 degrees below zero. If you are in need of assistance in dressing your child warmly, please contact our school office at 506-2300 and we will try to help you.
Am I allowed to send cupcakes or birthday treats to school?The School Board approved some new guidelines designed to help students develop healthy eating habits and reduce the amount of sugar and fats they eat. Here are the most important:
- In general, teachers are encouraged to offer non-food items as classroom rewards.
- Classes should have no more than 4 class parties per year.
- Parents who send food to school for birthday treats or other occasions should look for a healthy pre-packaged snack or non-food option.
- (Please check with your child's teacher regarding possible allergies to certain foods that may exist in the classroom).
Can I have some ideas of what to send to school for treats?
- Instead of pop- 100% juice or water
- Dried fruit and 100% fruit snacks
- Whole grain crackers with cheese
- Pretzels, low fat popcorn, rice cakes
- Bagel slices
- Pizza with low fat toppings
- Low fat pudding, low fat yogurt
- Trail mix or cereal mix
- Birthday pencils or stickers