What is Technical High School all about?
Have you ever found yourself “off track” in a traditional school setting or wondering if there is a place that really looks at your individual gifts and talents? We are a school that focuses on the individual student while still providing a rigorous diploma program through the Anoka-Hennepin School District.
Anoka-Hennepin Technical High School creates an environment that honors and invites students of diverse backgrounds to be part of an inclusive learning community. We offer:
- Individualized schedules and online options with a daily advisory to promote student's academic progress and support social and emotional growth.
- After-school credit makeup each week to help students stay on top of their school work.
- Small size, which allows us to form important relationships that not only help academic success, but promote students gifts and talents as they plan for their future career and college pursuits.
- Option to get free college credit.
- Free transportation within the school district.
- Free breakfast and lunch.
- Free childcare.
Technical High School is fortunate to be in several partnerships promoting student growth and development both in and out of the school building.
- A partnership with the University of Minnesota implementing a College and Career Readiness curriculum across all grade levels creating portfolios for our graduates.
- A partnership with our faith partners, Epiphany Catholic Church and Champlin United Methodist Church, providing school supplies, food shelf items and general affirmations and support for our student body both in the building and in the community.
- A partnership with Anoka Technical College in training students to identify and utilize individual strengths through Strengths Finder Testing.
Technical High School is for students who are past their graduation date, but are interested in completing their requirements for graduation. We follow all of Anoka-Hennepin curriculum and award a high school diploma upon successful completion of the graduation requirements.
Moved to Anoka-Hennepin Technical College fall of 2015Anoka-Hennepin Technical High School, formerly Crossroads - West Campus, moved to the Anoka-Hennepin Technical College campus in fall 2015. Students have full access to the Technical College classes and resources, and can earn college credit for free while completing high school requirements! To learn more, contact Principal Nancy Chave at 763-506-7402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are 18-21 years old and did not graduate with your class, but want to get your high school diploma while also preparing for college and career – consider Anoka-Hennepin Technical High School.
We invite you to take a look at this opportunity and look forward to meeting with you.
Anoka-Hennepin Technical High School students share their experiences about their school.