People don't stop wanting to learn just because they graduate from high school or college. Community Education offers hundreds of activities and classes for adults ages 18 to 100. From arts to business; fitness to hobbies, there are opportunities for just about any interest.
In addition, adults have opportunities to meet other adults in comfortable surroundings, helping them to strengthen community connections. Brush up on workplace or financial skills, get active, tap into your creative side or explore the community we live in!
- Adult activities and classes: No matter what your interest or skills level, Community Education offers hundreds of classes year-round for adults ages 18 and up. Classes offered are related to technology, money, creativity, hobbies, home improvement, parenting, health, fitness and more!
- Adult basic education (ABE): Free classes are available for adults ages 17 and up who are not enrolled in a secondary school program to gain workplace skills; complete basic reading, writing and math classes; earn a high school diploma or GED; or focus on learning the English language.
- Adults with special needs: Specialized classes offer educational, recreational and social activities for adults with developmental disabilities that practice life skills to increase independence, communication, and community integration. Call 763-506-1290 with questions.
- Aquatic fitness and swimming lessons: Community pools offer adults the opportunity for lap swim, aqua jogging, water exercise classes and swimming lessons for adults with beginner-level skills to those who want to learn to improve their strokes.
- Athletic leagues: Community Education coordinates recreational athletic leagues for adults ages 18 and up. Sports include seasonal softball, volleyball, basketball, touch football and kickball for men, women and coed teams.