Metro North Adult Basic Education (ABE) has helped hundreds of adults finish their high school diploma. Currently, Metro North ABE offers adult diploma programs at two locations:
- Blaine Learning Lab: Minnesota State Adult Diploma (Credit Recover)
- Elk River Adult Education Center: Minnesota State Adult Diploma; Elk River Diploma (credit recovery)
Some school districts will offer a local diploma once the student earns a Minnesota State Adult Diploma.
If you are thinking about finishing your diploma as an adult, our staff encourage students to consider:
- How many credits you have to complete.
- If you have time to attend classes regularly.
- If you have time to study and complete course work at home
- How soon you would like to complete a diploma program.
- If a GED diploma would be faster to earn to enter post-secondary training more quickly.
Students must be at least 18 years of age, and their class must have already graduated in order to be eligible for ABE diploma programs.
Once you enroll, an adult basic education teacher will meet with you to discuss graduation options based on your unique situation. An advisor will work with you during the entire process to support you on your path to graduation and beyond.
Adult diploma students enrolled in the Metro North ABE program can expect:
- High school transcripts will be analyzed to determine what credits are needed.
- To set short- and long-term goals toward completing your diploma.
- To attend classes regularly.
- To create a professional resume, online portfolio, and complete a digital literacy certification.
- An invitation to participate in an annual graduation commencement ceremony hosted by Metro North ABE.