Parent InvolvementAnoka-Hennepin Parent Involvement promotes partnerships, based on the belief that parents are their children's most important teacher. Program activities encourage:
Parent Involvement offers families a wide variety of resources to meet the changing needs and interests of parents and families:
- Family members as involved educators of their children.
- School staff as they partner with families to assist students.
- Community members as they collaborate with families and staff to improve education for all students.
- Parenting classes and workshops: Community Education offers a wide variety of classes and workshops created specifically for parenting topics.
- Parent Legislative Team: Sign up to receive relevant updates and to contact legislators regarding legislation that our school board sees as important.
- Parent Resource Center: A lending library of books, CDs and videos available for families on a wide range of parenting topics, including stepfamilies, homework, early childhood development, raising teenagers, discipline and grandparenting.
- PTOs, Partnership Teams, Booster Clubs: Adults work together to support students' participation in and improve the quality of extra-curricular activities.
- Volunteer Services: Each year, over 10,000 dedicated volunteers contribute thousands of hours of their time, energy and talents to support our schools, our staff and our students.