PTOs, booster clubs and partnership teamsAnoka-Hennepin Parent Involvement provides helpful management information to parent-teacher organizations (PTOs), advisory councils, partnership teams, booster clubs and other nonprofit organizations that help students.Topics include:
- Establishing non-profit organization (501c3) status
- Non-profit organization and volunteer management
- Financial and organizational management
- Recruitment and retention of members
- Partnership practices and networking
To check out books on all aspects of nonprofit management, visit the Anoka-Hennepin Parent Resource Center or contact us at 763-506-1587.
- Consultations - Parent Involvement provides one-on-one or small group consultations regarding most topics related to managing parent organizations.
- Document retention - Parent Involvement will keep duplicates of crucial documents on file for district parent organizations (PTOs, PTAs, home and school associations, and booster clubs).
- Leadership workshops & Special Events - are offered on a periodic basis. Topics typically covered include member recruitment and retention, publicity, communications, tips for treasurers and obtaining or maintaining (501c3) nonprofit status with the IRS.
- Partnership refresher - An annual training and networking event for members of Anoka-Hennepin's Partnership Teams is facilitated by Parent Involvement. This event assists teams in fulfilling their self-directed goals to boost student achievement and help schools in other ways.
ContactParent Involvement2727 N Ferry St.Anoka, MN 55303Phone: 763-506-1278Office hours:Monday thru Friday7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
ResourcesBooster guide brochure (PDF)