Evergreen Park World Cultures Community School became a Specialty School in 2012. As part of the Anoka Hennepin School District, the district core elementary curriculum is taught.
In addition to the core curriculum, EPWCCS's Specialty School focus incorporates the following four integration components:
- Community: students make connections with the community and work to build community within the school
- Culture: students' own cultures are explored and honored and used as a spring-board for teaching
- Arts: students experience and participate in the arts (visual, theatre, music, dance) through guest artists and field trips
- Experiences: students are provided with a multitude of experiences in order to provide real-world learning and scaffolding for academics
Evergreen Park will be transitioning to a STEM-focused Specialty School. Staff at Evergreen Park are working to prepare and plan for the shift in our Specialty School programming. The timeline for Evergreen Park is to reach full implementation of STEM programming for the 2021-2022 school year. The years leading up to that school year will be utilized for planning and initial implementation of the program.
Some of EPWCCS's Specialty School program offerings include:
- Grade level artist-in-residency programs
- Field trips
- Music programs
- World Music & Dance Day
- All-School "Arts Crawl" field trip
- Performance choir
- Family & community events
- The Den- food shelf on-site
- Health and wellness partnerships and services
- Kindergarten readiness program
- Extended Day (PAWS academic enrichment program)
- Community partnerships
Please see the menu to the left for examples of grade-level specialty school experiences.If you have further questions about our Specialty School program, please contact Curriculum Integrator/Specialty School Program Coordinator, Caitlin Meyer at 763-506-2579 or via email.