Support at Evergreen Park - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Evergreen Park STEM School of Innovation will annually discuss, review and revise the following Title I Schoolwide efforts.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
Evergreen is committed to providing an atmosphere of learning for all students. This will be accomplished through:
- Piloting Tier I Social Emotional Learning Screener and continue with tier II and III Interventions
- Increasing Catalyst implementation- teaching strategies
- Expanding academic differentiation through specific instructional professional development
- Piloting Bridge2Read K-3 and Continue with SWEL 4-5
Progress on these efforts will be reported to families during EPIC meeting updates in January, April and June.
In the Classroom
Teachers and support staff at EGP developed goals to support students’ learning. These include:
- Best Practices through our Wonders and Bridges curriculum. Differentiation instruction to meet individual needs.
- Catalyst classroom management strategies will be used to promote a calm, productive learning environment.
- With our STEM focus at each grade level allows each grade level to become experts in their area of focus:
- Grade K-Explorers
- Grade 1-Imaginers
- Grade 2-Investigators
- Grade 3-Problem Solvers
- Grade 4-Engineers
- Grade 5-Innovators
Families can help by:
- Supporting your child at home with regular attendance.
- Discussing with your child what they did at school and help them practice the skills being taught in reading and math.
- Communicating with teachers, administrators, parent educator, and others to see if your child needs additional support.
Our school is committed to keeping families informed.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences
- Teachers can also provide information about your student’s learning habits
- Results of MCA, NWEA MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available on in the My Student Test Results app on A-H Connect
- Other communications at home will include:
View the Evergreen Park Elementary School family engagement plan. (2023-24 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation (video). (2023-24 school year)
View the Evergreen Park Title I Family-School Compact brochure. (2023-24 school year)
Events for Families
Open House - August 29, 2023
Title I Annual Meeting - September 14, 2023 *
Family Engagement Events:
- 3-5 Focus - November 9, 2023
- Parent Drop in Days - In the Fall and Spring dates will be sent for each grade level
- Math Night - December 7, 2023
- I Love to Read KickOff - February 1, 2024
- Grade 3-5 MCA Night - March 26, 2024
- EL Family Night - April 25, 2024
- Academic Night/Talent Show - May 2, 2024
Fall - October 12 & 17, 2023
Winter - February 8 & 13, 2023
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meetings
Evergreen Parent Involvement Club (EPIC) Meetings - EPIC meets every second Thursday of the month *
* Information about Title I funded activities will be shared and your input will be gathered.