A school counselor can help you
- With personal problems.
- Understand personal relationships.
- Develop positive self-esteem.
- Learn to recognize and accept individual uniqueness and differences.
- Cope with family disturbances.
- In crisis situations.
- Learn to manage stress.
- Select appropriate courses.
- Make the transition from one level of school to the next.
- With academic concerns.
A school counselor can teach you
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Study skills.
A school counselor can also
- Provide support groups that allow students to discuss issues of concern.
- Register and orient new students to school.
- Assist teachers with student concerns.
- Assist parents with concerns regarding their children.
- Make referrals to outside agencies.
ContactRebecca AugustineSchool Counselor for all students in 7th Grade and 8th Grade A-L763-506-5532Nicki MagaardSchool Counselor for all students in 6th Grade and 8th Grade M-Z763-506-5577Kimberly Nelson(NIcki Magaard's long-term sub)School CounselorRemote office hours during distance learning:Monday 1:00-3:00Tues.- Friday 9:00-11:00 & 1:00-3:00If you or anyone in your family need an urgent mental health evaluation, please CALL AHEAD to the hospital or clinic for instructions on where and when to access this service to keep yourself and others safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For Anoka County Mobile Crisis Response Service, call 763-755-3801. The call is free. Available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
For Hennepin County Mobile Crisis, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, call
Children (up to 18): 612-348-2233
Adults (18+): 612-596-1223
Text HOME to 741741 to be connected with a counselor who will help defuse the crisis and connect the texter to local resources. Available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Minnesota Warmline is available for anyone who is struggling with anxiety, loneliness, and social isolation, especially during this challenging time. Call 877-404-3190 toll-free or text "Support" to 85511 from 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. Our Certified Peer Specialists are here to listen; here to help.