(01/17/2020) High school students will dismiss 30 minutes earlier and middle school students will dismiss 15 minutes earlier. Elementary students will be dismissed at their regularly scheduled times. After-school and evening activities canceled.
(01/16/20) Incumbent School Board members Marci Anderson and Nicole Hayes were joined by newly-elected Erin Heers-McCardle for the ceremonial oath of office Jan. 13.
Update on account payment system for school meals, field trips and activities (2 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 10)
(01/10/2020) A technical update that has been taking place on our district’s school meals and account payment system - FeePay - has caused delays that are inconsistent with our service goals.
District student-athletes and families learn about NCAA recruiting process in event at Andover High School
(01/15/2020) Navigating the NCAA recruiting process can be a daunting task for student-athletes and their families, but with career and college specialists in Anoka-Hennepin high schools, the district is providing resources to help.
[ALERT]Modified schedule for secondary students and activities canceled for Friday, Jan. 17, 2020
Anoka-Hennepin schools will be implementing a modified school schedule today, Friday, Jan. 17, 2020, due to timing of forecasted winter weather and the capacity of our transportation system. High school students will dismiss 30 minutes earlier and middle school students will dismiss 15 minutes earlier. Elementary students will be dismissed at their regularly scheduled times.
All after-school and evening activities at Anoka-Hennepin have also been canceled for today. Adventures Plus school-age care will remain open until all children have been picked up.
All afternoon ECFE and preschool programs starting after 10:30 a.m. are canceled as well.
Details about what is canceled:
- All “late” (activity buses) are canceled.
- Parent-teacher conferences are canceled.
- Community Education activities and classes scheduled after-school and in the evening have been canceled, including Adult Basic Education, Adult Learning, Aquatics, Community Schools programs (elementary and middle school athletics and enrichment activities/classes), Early Childhood Family Education, Project Power, and Preschool.
- School buildings and other school facilities will be closed for after-school and evening activities, including rental permits.
- All extra-curricular school activities, field trips, games (including away games), school concerts, school plays, school carnivals, etc. are canceled.
- All meetings are canceled.
Details about transportation home:
- All students will be transported home in the usual manner.
- Buses may be late by half an hour or more because driving conditions often slow traffic. Please avoid calling the school or the Transportation Department (763-506-1125) unless your child is more than half an hour late returning home.
- Check out bus arrival times using the FirstView bus app. Details are at ahschools.us/BusApp.
For answers to frequently asked questions on winter weather and school closures, please visit ahschools.us/weather.