STEP Open house
(12/08/2022) STEP Open House: You are invited to attend our Open House on Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2023, from 3 to 6 p.m. STEP is located on the campus of Anoka Technical College at 1353 West Highway 10, Anoka, MN 55303.
STEP Scholarships available for 2023 graduates
(11/14/2022) Every year STEP, in partnership with local businesses and organizations, gives scholarships to many deserving students who have attended our program. You are invited and encouraged to complete an application for a STEP scholarship.
Device Protection Plan available to students assigned Chromebooks
07/28/2022) Technology plays an important role in preparing students for life, and Chromebooks are utilized as a daily learning tool in Anoka-Hennepin middle and high school classrooms. Anoka-Hennepin students in grades 6-12 are assigned a Chromebook from the school district to ensure access to technology systems that support classroom learning.
STEP in the news
Various articles from local media about STEP:
- February 19, 2021 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): STEP students earn professional IT certifications
- October 9, 2020 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): Nursing students in the district’s Secondary Technical Education Program use COVID-19 as learning tool
- May 28, 2020 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): Secondary Technical Education Program (STEP) celebrates 20 years of partnership, success
- May 8, 2020 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): Culinary teacher Jamie Peterson performing live cooking demonstrations for STEP students
- October 11, 2019 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): Jessica Lipa, Anoka-Hennepin’s director of career and technical education, earns state award
- September 27, 2019 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): STEP teacher Steven Yeager earns ‘Innovation in Music Education Award’ from Slam Academy
- May 9, 2019 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): STEP graduate Ben Fluth living his professional dream at 35,000-feet
- March 7, 2019 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): STEP law enforcement students get visit from Minneapolis police mounted patrol officers, horses
STEP e-newsletter - Jan. 6, 2023
STEP e-newsletter archive
Check out archived e-newsletters from 2014-summer 2022 via Google Drive.
Get district news your way
Communication builds trust with our Anoka-Hennepin communities, confidence in our district and schools, and support for providing a high quality education for all students.
As a public institution, Anoka-Hennepin is accountable to its parents/guardians and other citizens, informing them about their investment in public education and seeking their insight on helping the school district deliver high quality educational programs that meet the needs of its students and communities.
Stay tuned to the following outlets for news and information:
- Backpack Online e-newsletter
- Focus newsletter, which includes a Grad Spotlight feature
- Action of the School Board
- Parent Engage 360 podcast
- Links to school communications (e-newsletters, social media pages)
Do you have a news tip to share? Contact the communication and public relations department.
Universal School Meals program to begin in the fall of 2023
(03/24/2023) Last week, the Minnesota Legislature approved and the Governor signed a bill providing “Universal School Meals,” which means every student may receive one breakfast and one lunch at no cost starting in the fall of 2023. The program will cover one breakfast and one lunch for every student, however ala carte and other meal choices will not be covered.
School Board meeting set for Monday, March 24.
(03/24/2023) The School Board will convene for its regularly scheduled meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, March 24 at the Sandburg Education Center, located at 1902 Second Ave. in Anoka. Watch the meeting live online, or on local cable television.
Parent Engage 360 Podcast Episode 31: Body image and eating disorders, disordered eating
(03/24/2023) There are many factors that may impact the way we feel about ourselves and the way we show up each day, and one of these factors that impact many, including students, is body image. Tune in to the Parent Engage 360 Podcast on Podbean, Apple Podcasts, or at ahschools.us/parentengage360.
Student-built sheds cover storage needs
(03/22/2023) Need more space? Anoka-Hennepin students have you covered! Students from Champlin Park High School built three 8-foot wide by 4-foot deep sheds, which are now open for bidding. The starting bid for each shed is $900.
A-H Newsroom archives
View archived news articles (in PDF format) from 2003-04 to 2014-15 via Google Drive.