(08/02/2023) When school begins for the 2023-24 school year on Sept. 5, freshmen and new-to-district students at Anoka-Hennepin’s five traditional high schools will participate in a series of activities that aim to ease the transition to high school and build a foundation for academic success.
(06/29/2023) On June 23, the automotive program at Anoka-Hennepin Secondary Technical Education Program (STEP) was recognized as the 2023 Exemplary Secondary Program of the Year by the Minnesota State Transportation Center of Excellence (TCOE).
STEP in the news
Various articles from local media about STEP:
- February 19, 2021 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): STEP students earn professional IT certifications
- October 9, 2020 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): Nursing students in the district’s Secondary Technical Education Program use COVID-19 as learning tool
- May 28, 2020 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): Secondary Technical Education Program (STEP) celebrates 20 years of partnership, success
- May 8, 2020 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): Culinary teacher Jamie Peterson performing live cooking demonstrations for STEP students
- October 11, 2019 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): Jessica Lipa, Anoka-Hennepin’s director of career and technical education, earns state award
- September 27, 2019 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): STEP teacher Steven Yeager earns ‘Innovation in Music Education Award’ from Slam Academy
- May 9, 2019 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): STEP graduate Ben Fluth living his professional dream at 35,000-feet
- March 7, 2019 (Anoka-Hennepin Schools): STEP law enforcement students get visit from Minneapolis police mounted patrol officers, horses
STEP e-newsletter - October 2023
Get district news your way
Communication builds trust with our Anoka-Hennepin communities, confidence in our district and schools, and support for providing a high quality education for all students.
As a public institution, Anoka-Hennepin is accountable to its parents/guardians and other citizens, informing them about their investment in public education and seeking their insight on helping the school district deliver high quality educational programs that meet the needs of its students and communities.
Stay tuned to the following outlets for news and information:
- Backpack Online e-newsletter
- Focus newsletter, which includes a Grad Spotlight feature
- Action of the School Board
- Parent Engage 360 podcast
- Links to school communications (e-newsletters, social media pages)
Do you have a news tip to share? Contact the communication and public relations department.
(09/29/2023) The Anoka-Hennepin School Board is committed to collecting community feedback as an essential element to ensure schools are meeting the needs of the community.
(09/29/2023) Two schools in Anoka-Hennepin have made it a tradition to participate in Rock Your School events which take place worldwide, annually, in an effort to energize educators, engage students and celebrate learning.
(09/29/2023) Anoka-Hennepin is exploring the benefits of solar energy as a possible energy savings tool. The district entered a no-cost agreement with Ideal Energy and Xcel Energy, installing solar panels at Adams and Hoover elementary schools in Coon Rapids.
(09/28/2023) Young Scientist Roundtable events are free and open to Anoka-Hennepin School District students, parents, and community members seeking to learn more about science. Three sessions are scheduled for this year with the first on Oct. 10. All the events are in the evening at the Educational Service Center (2727 N. Ferry St.) in Anoka.