A+ Computer Repair & Troubleshooting (2019-20)
Syllabus, Book, Assignments and more information visit the Google Classroom page. Students email me for link.
Articulated Credit: :
The student has the opportunity to receive 3 college credits upon successful completion of this course.
In order to earn college credit, the student must:
- Project based assessment with an 80% or higher.
- Perform security and encryption tasks
- Perform remote troubleshooting
- Simulate call center operations
- Pass written unit tests with an 80% or higher.
- Meet core A+ learning objectives set forth by CompTIA (National Certification Board
- Describe how hardware components function together.
- Describe how software interacts with hardware.
- Describe how operating systems and application software interact.
- Describe how software manages hardware resources.
- Describe a business needs (technology) assessment.
- Examine physical components on the system board (motherboard).
- Describe how data is stored on removable media.
- Describe how data is stored on a hard drive.
- Demonstrate hardware evaluation.
- Demonstrate command line and Windows commands to manage disks and drives.
- Explore hard drive troubleshooting skills.
- Identify tools used to support personal computers.
- Describe how memory is used by operating system.
- Demonstrate how to manage memory.
- Explain memory upgrading.
- Explore the electrical power protection.
- Explore the fundamentals of multimedia technology.
- Describe requirements for multimedia PC.
- Explain guidelines to use when purchasing PC.
- Describe how networks function.
- Explain how to develop a preventive maintenance plan.
- Describe how viruses (malware) work.
- Demonstrate virus (malware) protection.
- Examine backup procedures.
- Explain how to develop a disaster recovery plan.
- Configure IEEE 802.11X client.
- Understand customer interaction and best practices.