Support at Mississippi - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Mississippi annually discuss, review and revise a Title I Family-School Compact - which is a jointly developed agreement.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
- Student achievement in reading.
- Student achievement in math.
- Catalyst teaching strategies to support student achievement.
- Social emotional curriculum and teaching strategies to support student engagement.
- Supporting English Learners in the mainstream classroom.
Progress on these school efforts will be reported to families at our midyear priorities update parent coffee hour and our spring Parent Advisory Council Title meeting.
In the Classroom
Teachers and staff at Mississippi develop goals to support learning through the following:
- Provide a safe, welcoming, supportive learning environment.
- Foster classroom communities where all students feel seen and connected.
- Monitor student progress and share success and concern with families.
- Foster high academic standards and behavior for all students.
- Provide academic supports and extensions.
Ideas for families to support students’ success at Mississippi Elementary:
- Support regular attendance.
- Explore, learn and grow with your child by asking them what they are learning in school. Support them in their efforts to succeed.
- Communicate regularly with your child’s teacher.
- Share your ideas, ask questions and get involved at Mississippi by attending school events, volunteering, and coming to a PTO meeting.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences.
- Results of MCA, MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available by logging into My Student Information on A-H Connect.
View the Mississippi Elementary School family engagement plan. (2022-23 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2022-23 school year)
View the Mississippi Title I Family-School Compact brochure. (2022-23 school year).
Events at the School
Title I Annual Meeting
Title I Parent Advisory Committee Meeting
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meetings
What is Title I funding?
A-H Title I schools
Title I schools [non-public]
Additional information and documents for families