WelcomeBelow is a series of documents and links to websites that parents or guardians of students with disabilities may find useful.The links below open documents that will give parents an overview of what it means to have a disability, to be a parent of a child with a disability and how to work with the school district to meet your child's needs. Some of these links will bring you to a resource outside of our district website.
- Anoka-Hennepin Special Education Parent Handbook
- Special Education Process Flowchart
- Basics of a Special Education Evaluation
- Minnesota Department of Education: Students with Disabilities
- What is an IEP?
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Transition PowerPoint from MDE
- Procedural Safeguards
Total Special Education System ManualThe Total Special Education System Manual outlines the policies and procedures for our special education department. It includes information about how we identify students who are in need of additional support, the evaluation process to determine if they are eligible for special education services, how those services may be given as well as a host of other legal information regarding special education.