Anoka-Hennepin is committed to providing special education services to students with disabilities who have not yet met the requirements for a diploma through their Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals to the age of 21. Students with special needs who have completed high school, have not yet taken their diploma and have transition needs, benefit from a setting that is specifically designed to prepare them for working and living in the community.
Bridges is a secondary special education program designed for students with educational disabilities and transition needs who are between the ages of 18 and 21 in post-secondary education and training, employment, and independent living. The program offers a functional and vocational curriculum with a focus on the acquisition of skills to promote increased independence in the community and a successful transition from high school to adult life. We strive to provide experiences and learning that will provide the foundation for students to have meaningful and fulfilling adult lives as individuals, family members, employees and citizens.
We provide students:
- An environment of achievement to assist students in gaining skills and confidence
- A positive school climate characterized by safety, learning and the acquisition of skills, compassion, and understanding
- Supportive partnerships with our students, families and community
- Caring and highly qualified staff who have a passion for learning, sharing and positive relationships
- Wrap-around support through individualized teaming and collaboration to meet student needs
Program components include:
- Community-based learning experiences
- Classroom instruction
- Hands-on learning opportunities
- Home living experiences
- Employment experiences including jobs and job training
- Recreation and leisure activities
- Social skill training and support
- Additional resources available for individual needs, growth and increased independence
Frequently Asked Questions
When can referrals be made to the program?
Do students receive diplomas?
What employment options are available?
What about transition to adult services?
What if my student is absent or will be late?
Does Bridges have a lunch program?
13735 Round Lake Blvd. #110
Andover, MN 55304