• Bridges Logo Anoka-Hennepin is committed to providing special education services to students with disabilities who continue to require specialized instruction in order to address transition needs as determined by the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) team. Transition programming supports students with special needs who have completed high school but have not received their diploma and require specialized instruction in order to transition to living and working independently in the community.

    Coming Fall 2024

    Bridges and Pathways transition programs will combine into one program - Two Rivers Transition Program at Franklin. We will be located at 215 W Main St. Anoka, MN 55303.


    Bridges Program

    Bridges is a secondary special education program designed for students with educational disabilities and transition needs who are between the ages of 18 and 22 in post-secondary education and training, employment, and independent living. The program offers a functional and vocational curriculum with a focus on the acquisition of skills to promote increased independence in the community and a successful transition from high school to adult life. We strive to provide experiences and learning that will provide the foundation for students to have meaningful and fulfilling adult lives as individuals, family members, employees and citizens. 

    Program components include:

    • Employment experiences including vocational and job training
    • Community-based learning experiences
    • Classroom instruction in transition areas (postsecondary education and training, employment, independent living)
    • Hands-on learning opportunities
    • Home living experiences
    • Recreation and leisure activities
    • Social skill instruction and support
    • Additional resources available for individual needs, growth and increased independence


  • Communication Methods

  • AHlert

  • Report Form


  • Frequently Asked Questions

  • When can referrals be made to the program?

  • Do students receive diplomas?

  • What employment options are available?

  • What about transition to adult services?

  • What if my student is absent or will be late?

  • Does Bridges have a lunch program?